CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called the board this morning at 8:00 AM and the lady said they are expected to mail out the results either today or Monday and the database for license look up is updated after the letters are mailed out. So people in So Calif can expect the letters at the latest by Wednesday. Good luck everyone.

I called the board this morning at 8:00 AM and the lady said they are expected to mail out the results either today or Monday and the database for license look up is updated after the letters are mailed out. So people in So Calif can expect the letters at the latest by Wednesday. Good luck everyone.
Last exam they mail out by 1/21/2010 on Thursday and first people got the letter by Friday (1/22/2010) and so on. If they mail out today that people should get it by Saturday and so on.

By the way it is the old post that you can follow the time line for this time! (to save the time first person post on #314- page 7)https://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=10964&st=300

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showto...0964&st=300

Last edited by a moderator:
I repeat.

Yes, you can check the state website if you enjoy looking at it. But as I have pointed out every time for the past 10 administrations, you will almost certainly have the letter in your hands well before they update that database.

So if your name doesn't show up it doesn't mean anything. Wait for the letter to go into mourning.

Good luck everyone!

I would be shocked if the database got updated earlier than two or three days after almost everyone had their mailed hardcopy results. Not saying it's not possible. It would just be a first.

I repeat.
Yes, you can check the state website if you enjoy looking at it. But as I have pointed out every time for the past 10 administrations, you will almost certainly have the letter in your hands well before they update that database.

So if your name doesn't show up it doesn't mean anything. Wait for the letter to go into mourning.

Good luck everyone!

I would be shocked if the database got updated earlier than two or three days after almost everyone had their mailed hardcopy results. Not saying it's not possible. It would just be a first.
That was why I asked if this was something he knew for a fact - I did see your post - and it was obvious that you had not done any specific research for this round of exam results - but thank you for the history lesson.

I repeat.

Good luck everyone!

That was why I asked if this was something he knew for a fact - I did see your post - and it was obvious that you had not done any specific research for this round of exam results - but thank you for the history lesson.
Can't stay away from me, can you? I told you in another post, I'm not interested.

My post is for the other posters, who care to realize that generally things remain the same when they have repeated several times, and there is no indication otherwise. If someone wants to check the website every 10 secs, that's your prerogative. I did when I got my license. But the chances of them updating it at the same time or even close to the mailing of the results is almost nil. Even they say they will update it afterwards.

I repeat.

Good luck everyone!

Can't stay away from me, can you? I told you in another post, I'm not interested.

My post is for the other posters, who care to realize that generally things remain the same when they have repeated several times, and there is no indication otherwise. If someone wants to check the website every 10 secs, that's your prerogative. I did when I got my license. But the chances of them updating it at the same time or even close to the mailing of the results is almost nil. Even they say they will update it afterwards.
Not interested - but still responding - interesting - you must be a bit confused. Anyway I take that you have had this conversation with the board - or are we still talking about your presumptions and research you did 5 years ago???

I repeat.

Good luck everyone!

Not interested - but still responding - interesting - you must be a bit confused. Anyway I take that you have had this conversation with the board - or are we still talking about your presumptions and research you did 5 years ago???
Who cares about who did the research. I just want to receive my results. One small note, history does repeat itself and I'll bet my lunch money that the website results come after the mailed results.

I'm betting Monday will be the mailing date, then they will start updating on Tuesday, but it takes an extra day or so, so it will be up by Thursday. This would agree with what Benbo is saying that the letters are recieved before you see the updated list.

Note that they do change the date on each update. The last update was 7/15, so the next update should show the new engineers.

Good luck everyone. Enjoy the weekend, instead of worrying about this.

I repeat.

Good luck everyone!

You two should just get a room and get it over with.

It is amazing that the BP oil spill was capped before our PE results. The oil spill began on the 20th of April. Amazing that engineers can cap and oil well 18,000 feet deep and 5,000 feet below sea level before the NCEES and State can grade 80 scantron questions, including two-50 scantron questions.

I just read the blog on the PPI website and there was a guy who called around 12:45 and they were still trying to get them out today.

It is amazing that the BP oil spill was capped before our PE results. The oil spill began on the 20th of April. Amazing that engineers can cap and oil well 18,000 feet deep and 5,000 feet below sea level before the NCEES and State can grade 80 scantron questions, including two-50 scantron questions.
Good One! :tv: Can't wait to tell that to family and friends. I have a Brother in-law who took the Bar Exam which was all essay, and they got their results much faster.

Who cares about who did the research. I just want to receive my results. One small note, history does repeat itself and I'll bet my lunch money that the website results come after the mailed results.
DING DING DING DING!!!!!!

We have a winner folks!!!!

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!

We have a winner folks!!!!
I'm not taking that bet. CA does not update the "license lookup" feature on its own website. The results go offsite to yet another governmental agency that takes our information and adds to their schedule (responsible for 42 other licensing occupational boards) and then updates it as soon as they can. Usually, two-four days after the mail goes out, not counting weekends.

I just read the blog on the PPI website and there was a guy who called around 12:45 and they were still trying to get them out today.
2:20pm, yes, we are still trying to get them out today. That includes hand stuffing approximately 12,000 business size envelopes with the result letters.

2:20pm, yes, we are still trying to get them out today. That includes hand stuffing approximately 12,000 business size envelopes with the result letters.
Just out of curiosity - Do we get the certificate in the same envelope ??

True, if the only process for result preparation was scanning questionnaires and producing results. In a testing environment, there is an entire process after each examination that identifies the statistical data for each exam question to determine/ensure that the questions are reliable, legally defensible and only test for minimal competencies of the license type. Then, statistical information is rolled into addtional reports that consider the passpoints for each administration, and so on and so on. This mandated process adds additional timelines to the release of exam results. Google "test validation" for descriptors of what this process entails.

Also, we release the NCEES results and CA-specific results at the same time, so that the candidates are not wondering where their particular result letter has gone.

Unfortunately, no, another governmental process. Certificates are printed, stuffed and mailed by yet a third agency, that is contracted through our parent agency, Department of Consumer Affairs. That third agency, gets our data then rolls that into their mass production with the other 100's of thousands of other certificates, licenses, etc issued by hundreds of other CA state agencies that issue licenses/registrations etc. So....could be three - four weeks for an actual wall certificate.

The good news? Once a license number is issued and posted to our "license lookup" you can practice using that number. Check here:

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna...e_pgm_code=7500

and...when it states "updated Monday - Friday", they mean Monday night at midnight.

If the mail goes out today, I would guess Tuesday midnight, since we do not update our own records.

Best of luck.

Unfortunately, no, another governmental process. Certificates are printed, stuffed and mailed by yet a third agency, that is contracted through our parent agency, Department of Consumer Affairs. That third agency, gets our data then rolls that into their mass production with the other 100's of thousands of other certificates, licenses, etc issued by hundreds of other CA state agencies that issue licenses/registrations etc. So....could be three - four weeks for an actual wall certificate.

The good news? Once a license number is issued and posted to our "license lookup" you can practice using that number. Check here:

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna...e_pgm_code=7500

and...when it states "updated Monday - Friday", they mean Monday night at midnight.

If the mail goes out today, I would guess Tuesday midnight, since we do not update our own records.

Best of luck.
It would be greatly appreciated if you would let us know if you mail out the result today (also if you don't).

Back