CA IS OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email from BPELSG saying my success of national exam (or whatever it's called) form had been received! This is what it said:

"Your notice has been received. Once it has been determined you are qualified for licensure, you will be placed on the next licensing list. Licensing lists are finalized in the middle of each month with the intent of issuing licenses by the end of the month. "

So hopefully the end of June? But I don't really know how long it's going to take to figure out that I'm "qualified for licensure". The board has already approved my application and I have already passed seismic and surveying.

I got an email from BPELSG saying my success of national exam (or whatever it's called) form had been received! This is what it said:

"Your notice has been received. Once it has been determined you are qualified for licensure, you will be placed on the next licensing list. Licensing lists are finalized in the middle of each month with the intent of issuing licenses by the end of the month. "

So hopefully the end of June? But I don't really know how long it's going to take to figure out that I'm "qualified for licensure". The board has already approved my application and I have already passed seismic and surveying.
When did you send you board notification letter?   Haven't received the email you received yet :/

My interpenetration is the same as yours though, looks like we might not be licensed until July...

When did you send you board notification letter?   Haven't received the email you received yet :/

My interpenetration is the same as yours though, looks like we might not be licensed until July...
I sent it via email yesterday afternoon, once I realized I could send it by email (I had already sent it by mail earlier in the day, whoops! Haha). I imagine you will get the response email soon! 

My email just said "Your notice has been received". The Board really likes to torture us. Great!..........another month of waiting.

Hi Leggo,

I just wanted to make sure I did it right.  Would you please let me know that all we have to do now after passing the exams is to send this form http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/board_notification_form.pdf to this email address [email protected]  and then wait?   When do we at least get a license #?   I passed on 3rd time and so my application as well as fingerprinting have already been submitted previously.  Thanks for your response!  

Hi Leggo,

I just wanted to make sure I did it right.  Would you please let me know that all we have to do now after passing the exams is to send this form http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/board_notification_form.pdf to this email address [email protected]  and then wait?   When do we at least get a license #?   I passed on 3rd time and so my application as well as fingerprinting have already been submitted previously.  Thanks for your response!  
Yep, that's exactly what I did! Make sure you wet-sign the form, and then scan it to a pdf and submit that if you're emailing it in. I imagine we'll get our licensing numbers when they issue the licenses, which will be at the end of whatever month it is they determine we are all qualified for licensure.

I think I will probably be checking the license lookup a lot over the course of the next month or two... Haha!

Oh, and I'm a third timer, too!

My email just said "Your notice has been received". The Board really likes to torture us. Great!..........another month of waiting.
Weird, I wonder why it didn't include the info about the licensing. I guess it's available on the next steps page, but still. Weird that it wasn't just the exact same!

Hi Leggo,

Yes that is all you have to do now. I don't think anybody here knows when we will receive our license, but from leggo's e-mail it is after they "determined you are qualified for licensure" and "placed on the licensing list". The exam is over, you passed, take a moment to breathe and bask in its glory :)  have a great memorial day weekend!! Perhaps check the PE look up again next week 

Yep, that's exactly what I did! Make sure you wet-sign the form, and then scan it to a pdf and submit that if you're emailing it in. I imagine we'll get our licensing numbers when they issue the licenses, which will be at the end of whatever month it is they determine we are all qualified for licensure.

I think I will probably be checking the license lookup a lot over the course of the next month or two... Haha!

Whew, that's what I did.  I typed in whatever I could and then wet signed the paper; scanned then emailed.  "... checking the license lookup" haha.  I'm way ahead of you.  I've been checking the license lookup since last night & all day today even though I know it's only updated once a day.   The important is we passed the exams. I can certainly wait awhile for the license #.  

Yes that is all you have to do now. I don't think anybody here knows when we will receive our license, but from leggo's e-mail it is after they "determined you are qualified for licensure" and "placed on the licensing list". The exam is over, you passed, take a moment to breathe and bask in its glory :)  have a great memorial day weekend!! Perhaps check the PE look up again next week 
Well said!  passing the exam is the most important.  I've been enjoying and basking in its glory.  Will definitely have a great 3-day weekend and of course will check PE lookup again & again  :D

Looks like BPELSG will be holding their Board meeting on Thursday, June 1st. The exam results are on the agenda

Looks like we got a week or so to get our license #s. The brightside...no more exams!

Yes, excellent point! We have finished the most important part! The rest is going to be easy compared to passing the exams.

Good to know.. I sent mine in Friday morning, so hopefully I have a response by Tuesday.  

After waiting forever to pass all of the exams required, I think i can hang on another month to get the #.  

How about those candidates who already passed the NCEES exam prior to going to exam cycle (2017 Spring) and passed the CA specific exams? Whats the next step? 

How about those candidates who already passed the NCEES exam prior to going to exam cycle (2017 Spring) and passed the CA specific exams? Whats the next step? 
Hmm, I am not sure! @CAPLS, do you have any input on what candidates in this situation are supposed to do at this point?

Hmm, I am not sure! @CAPLS, do you have any input on what candidates in this situation are supposed to do at this point?
Licensing efforts for those candidates that received California specific exams results are already underway and those that have satisfied all requirements should be receiving additional notification within the next 1-2 weeks.

Hello Leggo, I sent the signed notice to the email address last Thursday, however, never heard back, mentioning the notice was received. Is this normal? Thank you. 

Back