CA IS OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally passed the structural on the 4th try. For those that didn't pass, it's discouraging but don't give up! I took this thing back in 1998 3 times and gave up..........and regretted that decision all these years. Taking the PE after so many years was 10X harder and after passing this time, I'm so relieved and beyond elated! Stay positive and don't give up! 

Do any of the CA people know how long after you submit your "Notice of Successful Completion" will BPELSG take for formal licensing? 

Thanks!

Finally passed the structural on the 4th try. For those that didn't pass, it's discouraging but don't give up! I took this thing back in 1998 3 times and gave up..........and regretted that decision all these years. Taking the PE after so many years was 10X harder and after passing this time, I'm so relieved and beyond elated! Stay positive and don't give up! 

Do any of the CA people know how long after you submit your "Notice of Successful Completion" will BPELSG take for formal licensing? 

Thanks!
Congrats! And I have no clue about the "Notice of Successful Completion". I am wondering about it too! We are the first round of people to have to do it, so we're the guinea pigs.

Thanks!
Wow,, good work m8

@Diego26

This is the first test to be decoupled so I doubt anyone has that information, but in the email they said if you already passed it'll be 2-4 weeks. I'm guessing with the holiday it'll be 2-4 weeks after Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, but who knows! Congrats! The feeling of relief is hard to describe...

@Diego26

This is the first test to be decoupled so I doubt anyone has that information, but in the email they said if you already passed it'll be 2-4 weeks. I'm guessing with the holiday it'll be 2-4 weeks after Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, but who knows! Congrats! The feeling of relief is hard to describe...
@amats42, what email are you referring to?

I received an email from the Board on April 7th that stated I was approved. If I had already passed the exam then I will receive my license in 2-4 weeks, if I have not yet passed then I need to inform them when I do. Guess they already have a canned letter for the decoupling.

I'm hoping that it only takes 2-4 weeks to add those letters to my business cards!

I received an email from the Board on April 7th that stated I was approved. If I had already passed the exam then I will receive my license in 2-4 weeks, if I have not yet passed then I need to inform them when I do. Guess they already have a canned letter for the decoupling.

I'm hoping that it only takes 2-4 weeks to add those letters to my business cards!
Ah, gotcha. I got approved by the Board a few cycles ago, before the decoupling of the exams, so I just sent in the successful exam form and then I guess will wait to hear from them.

Did you pass all three exams?

Fyi, I just received the first email regarding my Survey and Seismic results with my password for the results notice PDF that should come next. They say I'll receive the next email within 24 hours, but I believe people usually get it sooner.

Here's hoping it doesn't take too long!

Fyi, I just received the first email regarding my Survey and Seismic results with my password for the results notice PDF that should come next. They say I'll receive the next email within 24 hours, but I believe people usually get it sooner.

Here's hoping it doesn't take too long!
awesome... they should be coming through

Passed the 8-hr! Woo!

I am a Wisconsin transplant....it was a bear studying for all these CA exams at once but I feel pretty good about seismic and survey. I felt it was easier to anticipate the questions on those two exams. All the studying for the 8-hr felt like such a crapshoot. I opened the CERM once or twice and was like...nah no way I'm studying all that for 80 multiple choice questions. LOL

I clicked on the 'Next steps' next to my PE result and ended up at BPELSG:

http://bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/ncees_pe_exam_next_steps.shtml

The form looks pretty easy...thank God as that initial application was quite the coordination effort.

Capture2.JPG

Passed structural!!!

Congrats to all of you guys that passed, I got so emotional when I saw the results just cause I remembered all the effort that I put into it. I had to study while my 6-month baby wanted to play with me, that was the hardest part.

For all of you that didn't pass, don't give up!

Best of luck to all.

Untitled.jpg

Does anyone know when they typically issue license numbers and update the license lookup on the board website?

Even though I got the results notices, I go with the "it's not official until you have a number" mindset. This is mainly because I'm a PA guy and I've seen the PA board send out incorrect results and even certificates only to later come back and say "sorry, we done screwed up"

Passed structural!!!

Congrats to all of you guys that passed, I got so emotional when I saw the results just cause I remembered all the effort that I put into it. I had to study while my 6-month baby wanted to play with me, that was the hardest part.

Best of luck to all.

View attachment 9650
Congrats! I also took it in Pomona...

Passed structural!!!

Best of luck to all.

View attachment 9650
Congratulations and major props for passing, especially with a kid to take care of.  I can't imagine doing all that studying with a baby!

Back