Be honest - who's started studying for the April '11 exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got all my personal references in a crate under the table. The borrowed ones were all returned (mainly code books). When I know what the final results of the October session are; the crate will be emptied. Either I'll start reading everything again to brush up; or it'll be loaned out to those that need to study.

No point to have the extra stress of going through everything when you don't know what areas you were weaker on; unless you want to study everything again from scratch! Better to have an idea of what areas you need to concentrate most on and do a general brush up for the areas you did well the last time...

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Do you always begin conversations this way?
My father was slaughtered by a sixfingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. And when the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword, my father took the job. He slaved a year before he was done.

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
My father was slaughtered by a sixfingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. And when the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword, my father took the job. He slaved a year before he was done.
I've never seen its equal.

you guys quoting the princess bride...

REALLY?

Even now, this still brings pain. The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one-tenth his promised price. My father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father, so, naturally, challenged his murderer to a duel... I failed...

the six-fingered man did leave me alive with the six-fingered sword, but he gave me these.

Even now, this still brings pain. The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one-tenth his promised price. My father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father, so, naturally, challenged his murderer to a duel... I failed...

the six-fingered man did leave me alive with the six-fingered sword, but he gave me these.
REALLY??

How old were you?

If I dont pass, I will start studying after new years. I know the areas I need to brush up on. - 25th post. Whew!!!

I don't want to look at those books again...at least wait till the results are out to pull them out of the suitcase!

I've still got all my personal references in a crate under the table. The borrowed ones were all returned (mainly code books). When I know what the final results of the October session are; the crate will be emptied. Either I'll start reading everything again to brush up; or it'll be loaned out to those that need to study.
No point to have the extra stress of going through everything when you don't know what areas you were weaker on; unless you want to study everything again from scratch! Better to have an idea of what areas you need to concentrate most on and do a general brush up for the areas you did well the last time...
I left my crates packed, on the handtruck in my garage, until I got my results.... once I knew I had passed, I unloaded everything...

If I dont pass, I will start studying after new years. I know the areas I need to brush up on. - 25th post. Whew!!!

I've unpacked my structures books since I felt most confident about that (and I use them on a regular basis) after taking the CA Special Seismic. For CA Special Surveying, yeah I've started glancing through maybe a couple of pages a night (haven't done surveying since the undergrad class) and didn't feel too hot about that part.

I told myself I'd take a few weeks off after the Oct '10 exam and then hit the books again. Well, it's now been 5+ weeks and I honestly haven't made nearly as much progress as planned. I have studied maybe 2-3 times for 1-2 hours each time for the CA Seismic (which I know I didn't pass), but that's it. I probably passed CA Surveying so I won't be touching that and there is a slight possibility I passed the 8-hour so I might wait for the results before I study for that. But I really do need to get back on the Seismic.
Just curious - how are you guys doing study-wise? :reading:
I am still waiting on the results from the OCT 2010 exam. I will not study unless I find I failed.

^ agreed. No more arts and crafts until I see that I failed. Then I'll curse self, punch own nuts, and begin process of studying all over again.

No need to study now, I passed! But if I didn't pass I would have waited until after the new year to start studying again.

Congrats on passing!

I'm still waiting for results here. I'm debating whether or not I should actually start studying already since it's taking so long...

Maybe if I don't get results by Friday I'll start.

Back