Be Careful When Traveling For Interview...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, I make a pretty good living here in the U.S. Austrailia might be cool in some ways, but as I think about my legally-owned AR-15s, AK-47s, sound suppressors, semi-auto handguns, my concealed handgun licenses, etc I don't really get the urge to move there, considering they are all banned. Plus I do feel a bit more patriotic knowing my country protects my basic human rights of self defense and the right to defend my family when most other countries (including Austrailia) are extremely hostile towards those rights.

All this coupled with the exclusionary rule and unmatched due process rights makes the grass look much greener where I am standing. More money, hiking in the outback and a feeling of being "progressive" can't make up for all this.

Meh, I make a pretty good living here in the U.S. Austrailia might be cool in some ways, but as I think about my legally-owned AR-15s, AK-47s, sound suppressors, semi-auto handguns, my concealed handgun licenses, etc I don't really get the urge to move there, considering they are all banned. Plus I do feel a bit more patriotic knowing my country protects my basic human rights of self defense and the right to defend my family when most other countries (including Austrailia) are extremely hostile towards those rights.

All this coupled with the exclusionary rule and unmatched due process rights makes the grass look much greener where I am standing. More money, hiking in the outback and a feeling of being "progressive" can't make up for all this.
There it is.

oh please...give me a break. they'd all be speaking Japanese if it weren't for us bailing their butts out of WW2.

'MERICA!!!! :unitedstates:

The austrailian government has virtually no debt if I am not mistaken. That may be a factor in their economic strength.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - attributed to Benjamin Franklin.

We have achieved the tipping point where there are more people in American who choose to be supported by the government than those who choose to have a higher sense of personal responsibility and pride. America promised the pursuit of liberty. Emphasis is on “pursuit”. It requires hard work, and lots of it.

Now the majority of Americans want instant, give me, entitlement, equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity. There is no going back.

Back