Basic Engr Practice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBigPig

Reaction score
Basic engineering practice is said to make up 30% of the morning breadth exam. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to study for these problems, or a source of problems to review other than what is in the NCEES practice exam and 6MS books. Is this worth putting a lot of time into studying, or are these more general questions based on knowledge that may have been picked up over the years?

The latter. You will get refreshed on the basic engineering practice simply by working problems. I'm assuming you have the MERM?

Thanks Derek,

Yeah I have the MERM, and I'm taking a 20 week refresher course, which covers all of the main topics, but nothing specifically catered toward the basic engineering practice problems. I was planning on reviewing FE type problems for economics, electrical and material properties, but nothing too in depth.

i agree with ATL Derek, you should be in great shape. i passed using only the MERM and the accompanying practice problems. you're a leg up considering you're also taking a refresher course. sounds like you've got a great game plan.

Back