Bad Neighbor Stories

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
Heard this on the radio this morning and thought others might have some good stories.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/04/29/British-authorites-ban-man-from-playing-Celine-Dions-My-Heart-Will-Go-On-after-complaints/2221398781114/

LOL

STROOD, England, April 29 (UPI) -- A British man had his audio equipment confiscated after his neighbors complained about him constantly listening to Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On."

The Medway Council found that Gareth Davies violated a noise abatement notice six times and confiscated his 3D TV, laptop, speakers and a PlayStation 3.
After that, another listener phoned in and said she could top that. A guy in their neighborhood dresses like santa and drinks in his front yard all day YEAR ROUND. How in the #$%& does he have time for that?! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to have a very nice middle eastern family from India in the neighborhood. When grandpa was visiting from India, it was not uncommon to see him standing in their front yard taking a leak........

some 10~15 years ago, we had neighbors with a troublemaker of a son in his 20's. He turned out to be a drug dealer and not a real good guy. Anyway, my parents and his parents never seemed to get along. I think it was due to my father's short temper and lack of a desire for closely located neighbors. Either way, they never got along. The old man would be outside reving the engine of his cars at all kinds of crazy hours. The kids would have loud parties all night long which always got out of control. My old man would often call the cops on him for "disturbances". Then there was this one day. If I recall correctly, it was around Easter one year. No one was home at our house, except my old man and he had been drinking all day so he was pretty lit. He decides that he's gonna go outside and scream obscenities at the neighbor trying to bait him into a physical fight because in my father's words he was a punk. So here he is, standing in our driveway and screaming across into the neighbor's driveway for what he described as at least 5 minutes. No response. Being drunk as a skunk, he got bored of the lack of response and returned inside. He later found out that no one was home there either. Not sure if this is an indictment against my neighbors or my old man. :dunno: But there you go.

Living out in the country has a few benefits. Nobody living within a half mile of my house means I don't really know or have to care what my neighbors do. The last place i lived had a couple of neighbors within a couple hundred yards or so, but they were great people. We still keep in touch with them and fish in their pond on occasion.

We used to have a very nice middle eastern family from India in the neighborhood.
You realize India is in Asia, right?

A few years ago my parents' neighbor accused them of spraying some sort of chemical in their yard that made his wife sick. We think he might have had paranoid delusions. He told my parents they should sell their house and move away, and sprayed both my parents' house and his other next-door neighbors' car with urine. The health department and police were called several times. I'm not sure where he ended up.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we first moved into the house we're in now, we were amazed at the welcome by the entire neighborhood. They were so happy to meet us, blah, blah..... Turns out the people we bought from would have wild parties, never did any yard work, and no one liked them.

He was a golfer and she was a tennis player. The yard was over planted and when i started pruning shrubs back, I had to use a chain saw because to get back where they needed to be I couldn't do it with lopping shears. I found glasses in the bushes (both the drinking type and vision type), plus empty bottles of liquor. They had a pool table in the living room and one of the windows had a hole in it from an errant shot (reduction in price of $2K for us). Their son lived in the bonus room above the garage and in the adjacent attic while building some shelves I found empty liquor bottles and used condoms in the insulation.

We got a great deal on it because their kids were getting ready to go to college and mom and dad hadn't planned very well and had to get out from under the mortgage.

My neighbors growing up were always pieces of shit, to put it nicely. Dumb, foul-mouthed, drug dealing thieves who always hid behind the fact that their parents were divorced, and their mother was delusional (not my boys, my boys are good boys!)

Most of the incidents are nothing work talking about, but the older of the two got a job as a school security guard. The next week he made the police bulletin in the paper for being caught dealing drugs and having drug paraphernalia in his car... at the school he was working at.

My neighbor installed a sound system in his backyard and would listen to Frank Sinatra, get drunk and pass out about four nights a week. I would call the cops around 2:am for two reasons, so they could check on him and to shut the stereo down. After 6 years he finally moved. That was 3 years ago and I still can't stand to listen to Frank.

Not hot in a troll sort of way, or not hot in a not super hot, but you'd still do it sort of way?

Back