Atmospheric Chemistry free text

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTjoy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know this board seems kind of dead but I thought I'd share a free resource before I forget. We used this as one of our texts while I was in graduate school, and it's free online in pdf or HTML format:

Introduction to Atmospheric Chemistry by Daniel Jacobs

His educational materials website also has other materials if you want to brush up on (or teach yourself) stuff like atmospheric transport or aerosols.

I don't know how useful it will be for problems, and I actually haven't started studying air pollution/chemistry yet for the Env PE exam. But if you need a good reference text and don't want to buy yet another reference book, this one fits the bill.

^^^ Thanks for the link! Awesome stuff!

I went to school at University of Florida and one of the new faculty members completed their PhD at Harvard in atmospheric chemistry. The material looks similar to some of her research/discussion topics from class.

JR

^^^ Thanks for the link! Awesome stuff!
I went to school at University of Florida and one of the new faculty members completed their PhD at Harvard in atmospheric chemistry. The material looks similar to some of her research/discussion topics from class.

JR
You're welcome! Similar story at my school too.

We had supplemental (and more detailed) texts, too, but this one was always highly regarded.

We had a book on air quality in school that was very conversational and qualitative as compared to your typical engineering text. Ended up learning most of my air chem from a general envl chem book. I hated that book!

Back