--~~ Ask A Female Engineer Anything ~~--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Civil engineers were generally attractive at both of the Universities of California I went to. Though there were a couple times we did field work with students from other schools, which made us wonder whether women outside of LA and the Bay Area care about not looking frumpy. I've heard the same thing from some of my friends in medical school.

My school was interesting like that. Instead of people stumbling into 8 AM class in sweatpants, they showed up looking like they just left a night club. In some cases, this was true. I can't tell you how many times I'd be walking from my car to the engineering school and see my classmates stumbling out of the subway station across the street. Fortunately, they were on enough speed or whatever that they had no problem staying awake.

Caught myself up on this thread, good read.

We only had three girls in the mechanical program at my school (out of a class of 24). One of them was in the "stinky" club, which also consisted of one other buck. I swear those two were competing for the most stinky unhealthy/hygienenic classmate award. Both of them were clueless, and I doubt they even passed their EIT's, let alone received their degrees.

25 was my worst. 30 was no problem. ! I find it easier to deal with and associate my age with the women I date haha. So im still young at heart!

25 was my worst. 30 was no problem. ! I find it easier to deal with and associate my age with the women I date haha. So im still young at heart!
Half your age plus four is the low limit for dating age of ladies. Just keep that in mind.

Half your age plus seven four is the low limit for dating age of ladies. Just keep that in mind.
fixt

An 18 year old should not be dating a 13yr old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the "half plus 7" rule was posted somewhere else here on eb.com. I was simply restating that rule.

Well... I don't know what to say except that it's wrong. The +4 has been around since at least Marie Antoinette. She got married at 13.

Back