Are all our people from Colorado OK?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother lives not far from there but he is in Vegas this weekend, so I know he is alright...

...well, as alright as you can be in Vegas I suppose.

I heard this on NPR this morning.

That was some really messed up stuff.

very sad.. we went to a late showing wednesday night at our theatre, its always creepy when the concession stand is closed when your leaving the theatre..

I think Im gonna renew my concealed carry permit...

Tragedies like this are always bad enough. It seems much worse when you can't explain any of it. There is nothing we can do but pray for those families comfort right now and I will be doing that.

My immediate thought. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

It's just so freakin' pointless.

I'm guessing all the Colorado folks are okay. Aurora is a place you stay away from...there's been shootings in the mall for years. Also, this guy was crazy. The news called his mom and she hadn't heard the story, but she admitted it sounded like him.

All is well in the Dex household, although there is a scary twist to things. The house I lived in while I was studying for and waiting on results for the PE exam is in a direct line between the suspect's house and the theater. And people wondered why we left such a nice house. Also, my wife works at University Hospital (where several of the victims were taken for treatment). The hospital is located at the "H" of "Suspect's House"....

Edit: to illustrate the scale of the map, that yellow line is 2.95 miles long.

Aurora.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
How far is your new house from here?

this wasn't a gang thing or anything just some random mentally unstable a$$hat, correct?

I was in a suburban Denver movie theater watching the midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises with my daughter, but on the other side of town in Lakewood. I just found out about the shooting when my mother in law called this morning.

Crazy shit.

Thanks for asking!

Current house is 30 miles southeast from the house shown in the map (by way of highways).

All the reports I've seen say this was an isolated attack by a whack job trying to get his 15 minutes. I really wish he had used one more bullet on his own temple to spare the taxpayers the expense of dealing with him for the next 50 years...

Is there some way we can just dispense with the years of motions and trials and wedge a stick of dynamite up his butt right now instead?

I have this awful feeling he will use the old insanity defense.

you know the scholarly types will spend years dissecting his brain to find some root anomaly that allows/motivates a human being to do this to other human beings. If they could on;y use that information and drown the babies born with the anomaly when they are born, then that would be providing a service to society.

Of course it would never work, because no one would believe that their offspring would be capable of such behaviour, so there'd be no drowinings no matter how conclusive the findings are.

Back