April 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I def recommend organizing your notes. I made my own glossary and corresponding tabs for it. I only used that and my NEC, NFPA70 for the practice. For every question I got wrong I noted the type I.e was it motors, protection etc. I also did obsess with WHY I got it wrong and would make note of the process. Then at the end I would go thru all the ones I got wrong again and try to solve them again and again. Obviously let some time pass or rotate the exam so the wrong problems you are redoing you haven’t seen in a while. 
I second this sentiment, and I quote it to give it more emphasis. I made my own  table of contents and organized my hand-taken notes and hand-written-out solutions into those tabbed sections in a binder that I assembled, then used as my primary resource during the exam. More details in my full write-up here, as well as a link to download my table of contents (which you should probably edit slightly based on the updates to NCEES topics list): Website Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back