April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I have for lunch spam but not spam

I've got a 15-21mi bike ride tonight, into another freaking headwind after coaching for Girls on the Run. So I've preemptively convinced boyfriend to go out for burritos after. But I don't have anything for lunch and my backup ideas in the work freezer are all burritos 🤣
cant go wrong with ice cream 

Is there anywhere nearby you can grab food?
SO MANY PLACES.

I work in the downtown. I've got Thai, Japanese, 3-5 sandwich shops, 2 smoothie bowl places, Italian, pizza, French, etc all without walking distance and without being a chain. Add in chains and I have more options. It's just narrowing it down lol

I'm leaning towards the Thai place since it's the furthest, we've got a step challenge at work, and it's going to rain/snow tomorrow 

Ben and Jerry's Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz...so good
I want to try it but boyfriend doesn't like coffee and I don't usually have ice cream at my place, only his lol. We share ice cream 

its chocolate espresso chunks:) I haven't had it in a long time...its hard to find it in the supermarket by me.

My husband has better luck finding it for me:) I'm texting him now..haha

My therapist talked me down from cliff today because of my results anxiety. I feel better.

Ive only tried pad thai when I had thai food. Sometimes its awesome...when they make it in a wok. I thought I found a good place for it and then the next time I went it wasn't good. I asked them what they did different...it wasn't made in a wok...it ruined pad thai for me.

Thai food = the best.  Unfortunately, where my office is means I need to take my car to pick up anything for lunch.  Which means sad soup lunch for JK most of the time, since I forget my lunch all the time.

As for Ben & Jerry's...I don't like chocolate and/or coffee that much, and a lot of their flavors have that, but I am a fan of the new Wake & No Bake cookie core pint. 😋

Thai food = the best.  Unfortunately, where my office is means I need to take my car to pick up anything for lunch.  Which means sad soup lunch for JK most of the time, since I forget my lunch all the time.

As for Ben & Jerry's...I don't like chocolate and/or coffee that much, and a lot of their flavors have that, but I am a fan of the new Wake & No Bake cookie core pint. 😋
the wake & bake is amazing.

My old office with this company was located near nothing. Thankfully there was a cafeteria since we shared the building with an insurance company. But the lunch was usually overpriced and meh. So it was often driving for lunch if you forgot something. Now, I have probably 50 options within walking distance, including chains and a 1mi radius. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back