April 2017 15k spam-a-thon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating my morning snack spam. (Greek yogurt with chia seeds, cacao nibs, slivered almonds, and blackberries)

what do chia seeds taste/feel like? I just imagine they're like strawberry seeds and would just get stuck all up in my teeth.

Silly west coasters, always living in the past.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

resize

Things were moving quickly until lunch, then came to a screeching halt. 

what do chia seeds taste/feel like? I just imagine they're like strawberry seeds and would just get stuck all up in my teeth.
I'd liken chia seeds to poppyseeds, kind of. I typically like them best in overnight oats, although I just baked some blueberry chia muffins over the weekend that are awesome (in those, they definitely seem more like poppyseeds). You can also make chia pudding, but I'm not really a fan of that...

Anyway, to answer your question, they don't have a ton of flavor, but can taste a little woodsy or bitter. I think they're mainly used for texture in things, and are rather healthy for that purpose. To taste the slight bitterness, you'd have to probably eat an entire spoonful of them, which is not what is really ever done. They definitely get stuck in your teeth--I've been washing them out with water for the past half hour or so. Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back