April 2011 - PE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
64/100.
anyone else with a higher failing score? what is the passing score needed? jeez.
Wow...that's a high score. What did your diagnostic say? What are your weak areas? Sorry that you didn't get it this time. Kepp plugging away...don't give up!

The diagnostic score read 69. Is that typical? does the diagnostic score read higher than your actual score, even if the exam is out of a 100? I mean, shouldn't a 64/100 be a diagnostic score of 64? I don't get how they score this thing.

I flubbed the air quality part and haz waste part.
I am not sure where u are reading 69? The diagnostic report i got has 24 items (knowledge areas), number correct and % correct. I can count all the items correct to get a raw score (I have 57/100) but does not give me diagnostic score. last column is for my performance compared to others who passed for each knowledge area.

Dude, 64/100 is super high in my opinion. i would have thought that would have been a pass definitely. Unbelieveable. it's like you have to get an actual 70/100 to get the 70. Give me a break!

64/100.
anyone else with a higher failing score? what is the passing score needed? jeez.
Wow...that's a high score. What did your diagnostic say? What are your weak areas? Sorry that you didn't get it this time. Kepp plugging away...don't give up!

The diagnostic score read 69. Is that typical? does the diagnostic score read higher than your actual score, even if the exam is out of a 100? I mean, shouldn't a 64/100 be a diagnostic score of 64? I don't get how they score this thing.

I am not sure where u are reading 69? The diagnostic report i got has 24 items (knowledge areas), number correct and % correct. I can count all the items correct to get a raw score (I have 57/100) but does not give me diagnostic score. last column is for my performance compared to others who passed for each knowledge area.

Along with my diagnostic report, I got a separate letter from my licensing board saying my scaled score was 69.

I was thinking about contacting the licensing board director, and just talking to him to see what can be done about the "high" score . if nothing, I can atleast get some face time and a possible explanation of the score.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
One is a raw score, the other is a scaled score with 70 being the minimum passing grade. There shouldn't be any confusion here.

You were very close to passing, study up on areas where you did poorly and go finish the job in April.

I agree with VTEnviro. Not much can be done. You literally might have missed it by a question, but still, you missed it by a question, and that's the bottom line, pretty much.

64/100.

Along with my diagnostic report, I got a separate letter from my licensing board saying my scaled score was 69.

I was thinking about contacting the licensing board director, and just talking to him to see what can be done about the "high" score . if nothing, I can atleast get some face time and a possible explanation of the score.

Thoughts?

I think u are the only one who got a separate letter since u were so close to passing grade. My guess is passing raw score was 65.

Back