April 07 PE Examination

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vmi2000

I had been meaning to ask if any other state proctors would not allow the use of the Field's Wheel during the PE exam. :dunno: I along with several other candidates testing in Richmond VA had them confiscating prior to the exam. Just wanted to throw that out there for those of you starting to study, you don't want use the field's wheel during your preparation because more than likely they will not allow you to use it during the actual exam.

I dont know if anybody had one but I did not see or hear of a proctor take anything from anybody.

Didn't have a "Field's Wheel" by name, but had the circular flow calculator distributed by the National Clay Pipe Institute. Simply hole-punched it and had it included in a 3-ring binder...

No problems what-so-ever...

ktulu

We were told in Richmond that the Feild's wheel and "anything with a moving part" was verboten at the exam. Several wheels were confiscated.

I know of a few people who have used the Feild's wheel in the past at the exam.

NO WHEELS or movable sliding charts are allowed.

it now SPECIFICALLY says that in writing

i had mine taken in April

What do you think they would do, if one were to start working problems with an abacus? Would they take it? With all of their calculator rules/changes, my coworker and I had joked about learning to use an abacus, just to see if they would confiscate it.

what's a field's wheel?
feilds-2-full.jpg

Feild's Hydraulic Calculator

Back