anyone use Aerotek?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to look around to see what's available job-wise. I've been doing petro-chem here in Houston for the past 2 years. The pay is great, but I'm really not loving the "cookie-cutter" jobs we seem to be doing. A lot of the listings I'm finding are through Aerotek.
I am not against going the contract route, my insurance is all through hubby's work and we are just about at the point where my not having work for a few months at a time wouldn't hurt too bad.

My biggest issue with looking at the listings is that I can't tell where the job is actually located. I'd rather keep my current position w/ a half-hour commute than take anything with a significantly longer commute.

So any experiences w/ contract work in general? or with Aerotek specifically?
They're really big assbags. Specifically, they won't return your phonecalls and they will steer you towards lesser jobs (soil technician, etc) even if you've got an engineering degree.

I know some other people who worked through AeroTEK and felt that it was okay. I guess, if anything, it was a temp to direct hire situation and that was the outcome they were seeking.

I'm not sure... I guess that's part of my problem. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
I have this problem too - I have been considering a few options, including crossing over into doing something a little different AND interesting. :)

JR

Back