Anyone taking/taken the Industrial Engr PE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am taking the PE Exam in April as well...to be honest, I found the book by Kennedy very complicated and confusing...I stopped using it, as it goes way too much into detail and is way harder to follow than the IIE course (expensive, but is a GREAT resource, highly recommend it). I have been using that course as my main guide. I took the practice exam by Kennedy too, and found it very confusing, but i am hoping the exam isn't like this.  Would like to hear from people who took the exam in the past

Also looking to hear from people who took the exam.  I am using the Kennedy material and not too impressed with it so far.  In March I will be taking the prep course offered through the school of PE.  

Hi All,  Missouri results are in and I passed!!

I took the School of PE Industrial course and thought it was very helpful.

Also gonna bump this thread again - I passed as well!

Glad to hear the SOPE course is helpful. I'd also like to plug the online class offered by IISE - I thought it was quite helpful as well. I also referenced the IISE class binder dozens of times during the exam.

Since I wish this had been here when I was prepping, I figured I'd give a breakdown of what I used to study.

Materials I felt were useful, in order of usage during the exam:

• A Concise Reference Guide for the P&PE Industrial Exam - Daniel Bartlett (I seriously referenced this for 90% of questions; vital - I strongly suggest you get this).
  • The IISE class binder, as mentioned above
  • Kennedy's Review Guide
  • Kennedy's Review Test (this came for "free" with the IISE class)
  • A few binders with notes from college classes (Engineering Economics, Statistics, Operation Research, Mgmt Science, and Reliability & Quality Control) 
  • The NCEES FE Review book (yes, the same one they allow you to use during the FE exam; has quite a few handy formulas/tables)
  • Industrial Discipline-Specific Review for the FE/EIT Exam (has a lot of practice problems, even though it's "only" for the FE)
I didn't use the following all that much, but I'm still glad I brought them (I did occasionally use these to double check something, or for random definitions/lookups):

Textbooks from college classes (I hadn't kept some of them after college, but I knew what I had used and went and bought old editions on Amazon for <$5):

• Statistical Quality Control - Douglas Montgomery
  • Intro to Management Science (Hillier/Hillier)
  • Operations and Supply Chain Management - Jacobs Chase
Other books (I hadn't used these in college, but were useful):

• Maynard's Industrial Engineering Handbook
  • Handbook of Industrial Engineering Equations, Formulas, and Calculations - Omitaumu
  • Introduction to Industrial and Systems Engineering - Turner/Mize/Case/Nazemetz

Back