Anyone received exam notifications for CA Seismic and/or Surveying for April 2017?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Board asks for more information and the timing of receiving that additional information works out, the Board can tell Prometric to schedule additional approved people.  The end of March date is setup to ensure that approved candidates get a seat. Anyone approved after that date by the Board will still be allowed to schedule.  The only difference is that after the end of March when and where the available seats are is limited due to other exams.  
I recently received notice that there was insufficient information to determine my engagement as civil engineering experience. I responded with a letter further detailing the projects I originally listed in the application, and followed the mailing instructions to do so. Will I need to submit additional engagement and reference forms? It was a little unclear as to what was required to determine my work as civil engineering. I worked closely with four Professional Civil Engineers, but I have lost contact with two of them (it may be tough to get the references sent to the board in time for the April exams). If my letter is insufficient, and I am required to send additonal references forms, will I need to send four new references? Would one or two reference forms from PEs that I previously used suffice, assuming I am more detailed about my civil engineering work within the form? If I need four, would the two previous PEs verifying 27 months plus an additional two PEs verifying 8 months (at my new position) suffice? Is there a possibility that my letter is sufficient? Sorry for all the questions. I am really hoping to take the exam this April as I have spent an immense amount of my own money on workbooks and review courses, and I have been studying intensively since early January. It is also a little confusing as I had followed the advice from my senior engineers when filling out the form, which worked for two other engineers in my then office.

Thank you all for the help!

Were you able to sign up for the April Exam? I was recently told that even if I was approved, I would not be able to take the exam in April, rather I would have to wait until October. I still have yet to hear from the board. Anyone else still waiting?
Update for March 22, 2017

I received the "authorization to test" ATT forms for both exams via email today.  I hope everyone is able to get the results they deserve.  Good luck everyone!

And special thanks to those who responded to my original inquiry in late February.  Your advice was of great help to me.

Update for March 22, 2017

I received the "authorization to test" ATT forms for both exams via email today.  I hope everyone is able to get the results they deserve.  Good luck everyone!

And special thanks to those who responded to my original inquiry in late February.  Your advice was of great help to me.
Great news! Looks like there is still hope for me!

Does anyone have any pdf notes from a prep course or anything to help prepare for the CA surveying exam? I bought the 120 solved problems book, but was hoping to find some good notes to go through.

If the Board asks for more information and the timing of receiving that additional information works out, the Board can tell Prometric to schedule additional approved people.  The end of March date is setup to ensure that approved candidates get a seat. Anyone approved after that date by the Board will still be allowed to schedule.  The only difference is that after the end of March when and where the available seats are is limited due to other exams.  
I sent my response on 3/17/17 (the day after I received the request for more info from the board) and it was received by the board on 3/20/17. I was notified today that the reviewer is out of the office until the week of 4/3/17. Is there a possibility I will still be able to take the CA specific exams in April? I know you mentioned that we will still be allowed to schedule, but realistically, will space still be available? I would like to know as I will cut my losses and switch up my studying plan if there is no possibility of me taking the California specific exams. I have already spent hundreds of hours studying and thousands of dollars, and not knowing if I will be taking the CA specific exams is causing me an immense amount of stress. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I sent my response on 3/17/17 (the day after I received the request for more info from the board) and it was received by the board on 3/20/17. I was notified today that the reviewer is out of the office until the week of 4/3/17. Is there a possibility I will still be able to take the CA specific exams in April? I know you mentioned that we will still be allowed to schedule, but realistically, will space still be available? I would like to know as I will cut my losses and switch up my studying plan if there is no possibility of me taking the California specific exams. I have already spent hundreds of hours studying and thousands of dollars, and not knowing if I will be taking the CA specific exams is causing me an immense amount of stress. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
check your email

Back