Anyone received exam notifications for CA Seismic and/or Surveying for April 2017?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got both of my notices in the last 2 days and already signed up for the exams... Final 7 weeks...

Has anyone not received notification for the seismic and surveying exams? The only email I have received is related to my application being in technical review. That was about 5 months ago (I sent in my application early September).

Has anyone not received notification for the seismic and surveying exams? The only email I have received is related to my application being in technical review. That was about 5 months ago (I sent in my application early September).
Check your spam/junk folder. 

Check your spam/junk folder. 
I have been. I called and they stated it's still in technical review. Then the lady asked if I knew of any reason I might be denied. Frustrating because I am left in the dark until the last minute. If it is something I can provide I hope I can do so in a timely manner.

Do they send all the notifications at once or do they send them as they are approved? Anyone have any idea based on experience with peers receiving notifications after them?
I am not sure to be honest. However, I can tell you that I received my notifications at similar times to JaxTeller (Seismic at Tuesday afternoon, Surveying at Wednesday morning).

I am going to take Ca-Seismic and Survey Exams on April2017. However the board has not sent me the eligibility ID which is required by Prometric test center to register for the exam. The Prometric test center deadline for registration is March/6. Is there anyone with the same situation? The Board told me that they will notify the candidates by end of this month and the candidates will be able to register with the Prometric after March/6, but they may not get the availability of the exam in the location they prefer to attend.

I am going to take Ca-Seismic and Survey Exams on April2017. However the board has not sent me the eligibility ID which is required by Prometric test center to register for the exam. The Prometric test center deadline for registration is March/6. Is there anyone with the same situation? The Board told me that they will notify the candidates by end of this month and the candidates will be able to register with the Prometric after March/6, but they may not get the availability of the exam in the location they prefer to attend.
I am in the same situation. Very nerve wracking. I have already paid about $1,000 for seismic and surveying courses. I was told that if there was a correctable issue then I would have to take the Fall 2017 exam. All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

I am in the exact same situation. The Board told me they will get back to me, but it's been a long time. It is kind of frustrating to sit here and wait. The only thing they said is wait. I am getting really busy this year with projects and if I don't take ithe exam this Spring, I won't have time this Fall. Let's all hope that we hear back from the Board next week. :)

I am still waiting to hear back as well. They told me I should hear back by the end of February but I still have not received anything. I called them Friday last week and they said the engineer still has my application and that the engineer is "well aware of the timeline" for signing up for the exam. My only theory is that they send out all of the out-of-state applications at the same time, as I am from Ohio and it seems others that haven't heard back are also from out-of-state. I too have signed up for surveying and seismic course. I have not started studying for either exam due to this waiting as I don't want to waste time studying for exams that I am unsure I can take. This is very frustrating and the board should really do a better job communicating instead of leaving us all in the dark and stressed.

I am still waiting to hear back as well. They told me I should hear back by the end of February but I still have not received anything. I called them Friday last week and they said the engineer still has my application and that the engineer is "well aware of the timeline" for signing up for the exam. My only theory is that they send out all of the out-of-state applications at the same time, as I am from Ohio and it seems others that haven't heard back are also from out-of-state. I too have signed up for surveying and seismic course. I have not started studying for either exam due to this waiting as I don't want to waste time studying for exams that I am unsure I can take. This is very frustrating and the board should really do a better job communicating instead of leaving us all in the dark and stressed.
It is just my opinion from studying for a while for both exams, if you are taking both in April and have not yet started studying either one, I suggest that you focus on just one because it may be too late to pass both even if you hear from the board today...

Of course this is invalid if you are a seismic guru and do surveying everyday on the field...

SF94133, please email me at [email protected]
Update for March 09, 2017.  

After submitting some additional references, etc to the board, they promptly reviewed my package and technically approved my application for April 2017.  Prometric instructions/registration forthcoming.  Thanks for everyone's input/advice.

Update for March 09, 2017.  

After submitting some additional references, etc to the board, they promptly reviewed my package and technically approved my application for April 2017.  Prometric instructions/registration forthcoming.  Thanks for everyone's input/advice.
Were you able to sign up for the April Exam? I was recently told that even if I was approved, I would not be able to take the exam in April, rather I would have to wait until October. I still have yet to hear from the board. Anyone else still waiting?

This is pathetic and frustrating. I have not received my eligibility either. week after week I call and that lady there only checks the name and says the engineer has not checked your application yet. Less that 3 weeks to the exam and she hopes they are going to send the letter by end of this month.

If the prometric has closed the window to register for the exam, then what is the point of sending the eligibility. Prometrics deadline was March/06. This means I have to pay for the refile and wait for eligibility for the October exam. 

This is pathetic and frustrating. I have not received my eligibility either. week after week I call and that lady there only checks the name and says the engineer has not checked your application yet. Less that 3 weeks to the exam and she hopes they are going to send the letter by end of this month.

If the prometric has closed the window to register for the exam, then what is the point of sending the eligibility. Prometrics deadline was March/06. This means I have to pay for the refile and wait for eligibility for the October exam. 
Same boat.

Did it ever occur to you that Prometric is under contract with the California Board and the Board dictates to Prometric how and when to accept scheduling for the exam?  It's completely understandable that you are anxious to find out and it is recognized that it would be better for everyone involved if you found out sooner.  You will receive notice.

For anyone waiting, the latest I heard is that the engineer approving applications is out for the day. Expect notice next week. 

Did it ever occur to you that Prometric is under contract with the California Board and the Board dictates to Prometric how and when to accept scheduling for the exam?  It's completely understandable that you are anxious to find out and it is recognized that it would be better for everyone involved if you found out sooner.  You will receive notice.
It is better if the Board notifies the applicants in a timely manner or keep them in the loop regarding the status of their application, because as other members mentioned, it is very frustrating. assuming the applicants receives a notice end of March and has only few days to submit additional documentation, how can they register for the April exam? 

It is better if the Board notifies the applicants in a timely manner or keep them in the loop regarding the status of their application, because as other members mentioned, it is very frustrating.
This is completely understandable.

assuming the applicants receives a notice end of March and has only few days to submit additional documentation, how can they register for the April exam? 
If the Board asks for more information and the timing of receiving that additional information works out, the Board can tell Prometric to schedule additional approved people.  The end of March date is setup to ensure that approved candidates get a seat. Anyone approved after that date by the Board will still be allowed to schedule.  The only difference is that after the end of March when and where the available seats are is limited due to other exams.  

Back