Anyone else take and pass the exam early?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a way, yes.  I passed my FE exam in July 2014 in the state of Pennsylvania after having 6 years of experience already under my belt.   However, Pennsylvania requires you to get your 4 years of experience needed for the PE to be AFTER passing your FE.   Well I went over to Ohio and took the PE in April 2015 and passed.  So I am officially a licensed PE in the state of Ohio, but I can't get reciprocity for Pennsylvania until July 2018. 

It's really stupid if you ask me.  Just a matter of paperwork and time, but the hard part is out of the way. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12359-1387842535-7.gif

Its a huge relief to have it out of the way

At the time I was already used to studying thanks to grad school. Kind of worked perfectly.

In a way, yes.  I passed my FE exam in July 2014 in the state of Pennsylvania after having 6 years of experience already under my belt.   However, Pennsylvania requires you to get your 4 years of experience needed for the PE to be AFTER passing your FE.   Well I went over to Ohio and took the PE in April 2015 and passed.  So I am officially a licensed PE in the state of Ohio, but I can't get reciprocity for Pennsylvania until July 2018. 

It's really stupid if you ask me.  Just a matter of paperwork and time, but the hard part is out of the way. 
Now try getting licensure with a Civil Engineering Tech degree. Some states don't even recognize it as an engineering degree. 

I took the early PE with South Carolina and passed in October 2015. I completed my three years of work experience in February (only three years required with a MS degree) and got my license soon after.

I can't fathom why someone would want to take the exam early.
Well for me, right now I don't have a wife/kids and only have a semi serious girlfriend, and don't have anything else big going on in my life.

Who knows how busy I'll be in a few years, but I have plenty of free time to study right now.

I can't fathom why someone would want to take the exam early.
Priorities. I'm single and had lots of time to study for the test. I passed after 2.5 years of experience and obtained my license in CA. Now, applying to some states through comity. I recently accepted a job offer with 70% salary increased located in a paradise. Life is good.

Priorities. I'm single and had lots of time to study for the test. I passed after 2.5 years of experience and obtained my license in CA. Now, applying to some states through comity. I recently accepted a job offer with 70% salary increased located in a paradise. Life is good.
thats what im waiting on, already passed now i just need to wait until Feb.

Back