Any one got approved/denied for Spring 2015 PE application?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did you receive your first postcard?

I got the first post card on Jan. 2nd (stamped on Dec. 29th) but I am still waiting for the approval from CA board.

It has been 3 weeks for now. Are they normally taking this long?

Well still waiting here in PA.....I'm wondering if the PA delay in issuing results from the October Exam is also affecting/delaying their application review and approval cycle?

One Month and counting to NCEES exam registration deadline and I'm worried that all the studying I've done to date will not be used until October if I don't get approval soon!

I'm still waiting for the April 2015 application to be posted. Or at least a call back from the board.

I got the first post card on Jan. 2nd (stamped on Dec. 29th) but I am still waiting for the approval from CA board.

I received my first postcard about three weeks ago. It was stamped on Dec. 23rd. My second postcard was stamped on Jan. 14th.

Woohoo, I got the approval letter today from the PA board to sit for the exam! I registered with NCEES for the ME-Thermal/Fluid exam...now just waiting for PCS to send me the in for to schedule and pay the registration fees....although reading my statement now, waiting to be sent a bill seems to be a weird thing to celebrate :)

I get turned down by New York all the time. I only have 27 years experience. However, because I don't have a 4 year ABET education, I get punished. Funny how those who I have worked with and were able to utilize their experience, were permitted to take the exam. I will be sitting in Vermont with other NYS potential PE's.

I get turned down by New York all the time. I only have 27 years experience. However, because I don't have a 4 year ABET education, I get punished. Funny how those who I have worked with and were able to utilize their experience, were permitted to take the exam. I will be sitting in Vermont with other NYS potential PE's.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/pels/pelic.htm#credits

NYS only requires 12 years of work experience to site for the PE without any college degrees. If you have an associate degree in anything not directly related to engineering, you need 11 years of work experience. If you have a bachelor degree not related to engineering or an associate degree related to engineering or technology, you need 10 years of work experience. A bachelor degree in science, you need 9 years. A bachelor degree in architecture or technology, 8 years. A non-ABET accredited bachelor degree in engineering or an accredited bachelor degree in engineering technology, 6 years. An ABET-accredited bachelor degree in engineering, 4 years.

You don't say that your 27 years of experience are in engineering, but assuming they are, you should be more than eligible in NYS. I know people that had several years of experience thrown out by the Board because they didn't like the applicant's description of them so I hope that isn't the case with you.

engineering science degree. 27 years experience in engineering. NYS is trying to do away with the 12 year experience allowance.

engineering science degree. 27 years experience in engineering. NYS is trying to do away with the 12 year experience allowance.

It sounds like you would get at least 2 years of education credit so you'd need 10 years of experience. Other than problems with your application, I don't see why they would deny you. They may be thinking of changing the education requirements, but the current licensure requirements under the state education law would allow for you to be licensed.

You could look into getting an NCEES record established and using that to apply if NYS has rejected your experience in the past.

you get 3 years experience for the degree in NY. I have already been accepted in Vermont. Something is not Kosher. I have designed hundreds of structures, have designed hundreds of private septic systems, presently I have finished up on upgrading a wastewater collection system for the City of NY and have most of the design done for upgrading another with the beginnings of another wastewater collection system. It is NY. I certainly hope it is not about politics.

I received my first postcard about three weeks ago. It was stamped on Dec. 23rd. My second postcard was stamped on Jan. 14th.

Thank you for your reply, yellowtiger.

I got approved by CA board yesterday.

They asked me to send additional document, otherwise it could have been approved a week or two ago, I think.

Back