Any info on Louisiana results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My productivity at work has dropped horribly this week. I just want closure either way.

Exactly. Of course I want to pass and never have to deal with this again, but at this point I just need to know. I need to be able to either move on with my lift or start prepping for April. Lapels is shortening my life this week.

I love the ladies over at LAPELS. I am from Louisiana but live in Texas now. Ask for Cheron (pronounced Sharon).....she's very nice and helpful.

I have also found the ladies to be very helpful in answering my questions throughout the process.

When I asked about how the results will be delivered, they told me that we "will be notified by NCEES via email".

I have dealt with Cheron a couple of times and thought the exact same thing she was extremely helpful and very nice.

I have dealt with Cheron a couple of times and thought the exact same thing she was extremely helpful and very nice.

She is very nice but not very helpful in this instance lol. I got the "before Christmas" answer from her. I wish i would have asked her to clarify...is it possible that it MIGHT be today???tomorrow???

When I took it last year, LAPELS does craft an email (if you passed) congratulating you and letting you know your license number and next steps (ordering seals and whatnot). That does come about a couple weeks after results are published on NCEES.

I'm guessing you're getting a vague answer on release dates because they don't really know when NCEES will send you the email.

The fact they are saying "before Christmas" most likely means they do have the results and are probably in the process of assigning license numbers to those who passed and updating their databases.

We either need to pool our money and buy Cheron (pronounced "Cheron") a present to bribe her into giving our results or go protest outside of their office until they can't take it anymore. Either way I find out my holidays will suck and I need to start studying again!

Honestly this is getting ridiculous.

So a state as large as California or Texas is able to get the releases out within a day but our state is taking much longer.

Do they have an intern manually inputting the updates into the database? I mean cmon.

The lack of transparency is what's even more frustrating. Why can't they tell us anything beyond a generic date? What's the hold up? Is today possible?

I'm starting to think that they switched to mailing letters for this test. I have no idea why they would.

Want to be even more annoyed?

I checked the lapels "licensee search" just now and noticed that around 15 new PE's were added today (so far). I was about to get my hopes up thinking that this must be the start of them inputting the passing names into the database. But no...it was all out of state names.

So in other words, this pretty much explains what they have been doing for the last few days. Rather than processing our (Louisiana) test results, they have been focusing on the out of state PE requests.

# 39393 was actually from LC, but all others are from out of state.

Want to be even more annoyed?

I checked the lapels "licensee search" just now and noticed that around 15 new PE's were added today (so far). I was about to get my hopes up thinking that this must be the start of them inputting the passing names into the database. But no...it was all out of state names.

So in other words, this pretty much explains what they have been doing for the last few days. Rather than processing our (Louisiana) test results, they have been focusing on the out of state PE requests.

Yeah it must be an ordeal to devote a couple of days to releasing exam results. It's not like they have 4+ months in between to process out of state licenses.

Back