Any Illinois results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can take the FE before you graduate so they need confirmation that you graduated from an approved curriculum

Holy crap... I actually passed. I took off the week before and studied all day up until that Friday. Who said cramming doesn't work. :biggrin:

So, does anyone what we are supposed to do next? That was part of the test I think, figuring out how to sign up for it.

I think the next step is going the ILDFPR and filling out the licensure by examination form, having your employer(s) fill out the work verification and from the looks summiting a college transcript and proof of your FE if its not from IL (my case) and $100 check. Good ole Illinois, nothing like turning in the same info over and over again.

If you have an IL FE do you still need to send the college transcripts in? I read through the IDFPR Application and didn't see anything about sending transcripts in.

I re-read page 9 of the application packet from the site, it doesn't look like a transcript is needed. Seems its just the VE-PNG (work experience) and CT-ENG (proof of FE).

yes even an IL FE will require a transcript

Holy crap... I actually passed. I took off the week before and studied all day up until that Friday. Who said cramming doesn't work. :biggrin:

So, does anyone what we are supposed to do next? That was part of the test I think, figuring out how to sign up for it.

I think the next step is going the ILDFPR and filling out the licensure by examination form, having your employer(s) fill out the work verification and from the looks summiting a college transcript and proof of your FE if its not from IL (my case) and $100 check. Good ole Illinois, nothing like turning in the same info over and over again.

Didn't we already send transcripts to take the test? And fill out the form for that matter. That's where I'm confused I guess. So basically, we fill out the same form that we did for the PE test and have employer fill out the VE form, if I'm understanding correctly.

ok... from page nine of pe-ac-ex-L.pdf:

Do NOT submit a new application to the Department unless your previous application has expired. If your previous application has expired, you are required to submit all documents listed below and satisfy the requirements in force at the time of reapplication.

Is this saying that the application that was submitted to take the test is still good, as long as it isn't expired. So, maybe all that is needed is the VE-PNG form if you took the FE or PE in illinois (else submit the CT-ENG form as well)?

My NCEES page is show results pending. Any of you guys have results posted on NCEES?

In past exam results threads, it appears the NCEES site takes a few days (up to a week or more) to update. Basically the state certifies the results, then sends that back to NCEES, then they can update the site.

If you have an IL FE do you still need to send the college transcripts in? I read through the IDFPR Application and didn't see anything about sending transcripts in.

I re-read page 9 of the application packet from the site, it doesn't look like a transcript is needed. Seems its just the VE-PNG (work experience) and CT-ENG (proof of FE).
Re-read page 9 again. If you passed either or both the EIT and PE in Illinois, you don't need to submit CT-ENG. See last sentence of bullet point #4.

Anybody know when we can submit the application to the state? i got everything ready to go.

Thank you Dianevp. The congrats is much appreciated. It was my first time taking it too! :) I have advice to give for those retaking the power exam in April 2015. Firstly, I salute and respect all of you that had the courage to sit for the exam in October 2014. It was so difficult! According to my research, it was much harder than recent memory. I walked into the exam with a masters degree in power and found it more difficult than I ever imagined. I spent a good 5 months preparing for the Power PE Exam. Despite that, I felt helpless after the morning section with tears forming in one of my eyes. I stuck through it, the morning section seemed like it was designed to demoralize me. I rallied in the afternoon section and did the best I could. I highly recommend studying the economics. Every point counts, and I do feel that getting the economics questions correct helped give me the edge I needed. I also highly recommend making sure you know the NEC inside and out. I used the complex imaginary NEC practice problems book to prepare. I also took the Villanova PE power review course. Most take the GA review course, School of PE, PPI, or Testmasters. I recommend finding a review course that matches your study philosophy. Without a review course, I can't imagine anyone having an advantage compared to those who spent the money to take a review course.

For what it's worth... I just spoke someone from IDFPR and he said that while the form is the same for licensure and to register for the test, it needs to be submitted again.

New question: for dates of employment, what do you put for the second date for your current job. It says don't put present, so I guess just today's date.

thoughts?

For what it's worth... I just spoke someone from IDFPR and he said that while the form is the same for licensure and to register for the test, it needs to be submitted again.
Did you happen to ask about turnaround time for the license itself? I shipped off my new application and VE-PNG, so it's back to the waiting game for me...

Did you happen to ask about turnaround time for the license itself? I shipped off my new application and VE-PNG, so it's back to the waiting game for me...

No, I didn't but I wish I had. Post when you get yours back please.

Licenses have started posting. My application fee check cleared yesterday, license effective in lookup today :D

I just sent in all of my stuff on Friday, and now I'm pretty certain I forgot to sign my check. :oops:

Oh well, I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when I either receive a license in the mail or my application and unsigned check.

Back