Any Horror Stories?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father was slaughtered by a sixfingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. And when the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword, my father took the job. He slaved a year before he was done. The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one-tenth his promised price. My father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart.
So when you find this man, what are you gonna say to him?
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. "
Your father was killed by a six fingered man also?
No but It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
My father was slaughtered by a sixfingered man. He was a great swordmaker, my father. And when the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword, my father took the job. He slaved a year before he was done. The six-fingered man returned and demanded it, but at one-tenth his promised price. My father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart.
So when you find this man, what are you gonna say to him?
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. "
Your father was killed by a six fingered man also?
No but It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
and we're on a mission from God.

I did do that on my PE exam, except I caught it after maybe 7 to 10 questions, not 97.
That's closer to what actually happened to me.
I make sure I reaffirm taht the number with the question match every five questions. That way it doesn't get terribly out of hand.

What screwed me up that time, was that the numbers were offset from the bubbles, i.e, top left corner. So without really stopping and looking, you wouldn't think that you were off by one at a glance.

i merely witnesses 2 horror stories, thankfully they were not my own

the first was a girl who must have had a panic attack or something...in the middle of the first session she jumped up from her seat, slammed her book closed and ran out of the test hall. not sure if she made it back after lunch

the second was a guy yelling at one of the proctors after the morning session, repeating the phrase, I am telling you i studied for the wrong test, the material i studied is not on the exam i am taking and not even close to what i expected to be on this exam. I don't know how this happens b/c I though there were Exam Guides that tell you exactly what is on the exam and the percentage of each discipline. Felt bad for the guy but i think he brough it on himself...

Back