Any golfers on here?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Taylormade R7 460 driver, Adams Tight Lies GT fairway woods, King Cobra Baffler DWS hybrid, Mizuno MP-57 irons, Cleveland 588 and CG12 wedges, and a Scotty Cameron putter.
I'm not even sure what I play with. It's all Cobra except for the putter (which I bought last year), and it's whatever Cobra was making back in 1994. I think it was their first shot at irons, but I still like them, and still hit them better than most people do with their new-fangled irons.

I was 14 when I got those. I played a LOT of golf when I was 13 & 14. My club head speed was somewhere between 100 - 105. I was consistently hitting 285, and my long was 330 (with a slight wind, but still). I was convinced I was going to be the next Greg Norman (see King Cobra, above).

Then, I got kicked off the golf team three weeks into the season for drinking in the club house (oops). The golf team was basically all of us club rats that spent every summer there, so we knew where they kept the booze. I use the term "club" loosely, it was literally an old cow pasture. This is rural MS, not some nice Country Club. I lived across the street. This was also my first and only drinking experience in high school. No lie. Bad decision, but that, in addition to my turning 15, getting my license, and getting real dates, effectively shot down my rising golf star.

However, I am convinced that had it not been for the life of booze, fast cars, and wild women (at 15), you'd use the name jmbeck in the same connotation as Tiger Woods. Or at least John Daly. Probably more so John Daly.

However, I am convinced that had it not been for the life of booze, fast cars, and wild women (at 15), you'd use the name jmbeck in the same connotation as Tiger Woods. Or at least John Daly. Probably more so John Daly.
You could still live the John Daly dream with booze, fast cars and wild women. But you'd have to put on at least 100 lbs, start smoking, and get sued by several of your wild women.

You could still live the John Daly dream with booze, fast cars and wild women. But you'd have to put on at least 100 lbs, start smoking, and get sued by several of your wild women.
I was at one time convinced that the secret to powerful drives lies in the ability to keep your swing plane parallel to the linear projection of your cigarette.

johndalyteeingoff2.jpg

Here's to the finely tuned athlete, on the verge of greatness!

It's a well known fact that the ginormous gut of John Daly actually exerts enough of it's own gravitational pull that it increases club head speed.

Latest posts

Back