Announcement letter

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peele1

Reaction score
I work for a large organization and very few people know about the PE.

Emails for announcements of people getting work published or gaining degrees, certificates etc. are normal.

I would like to write up a good announcement that I passed this nearly impossible test and what it means. I want to balance it between praise, congratulations and include some verbiage about the PE, what it means, how difficult it is, etc and not come across as arrogant.

I'll submit it to my boss to send out, so it would be coming from him.

Any thought or recommendations or samples?

I work for a large organization and very few people know about the PE.
Emails for announcements of people getting work published or gaining degrees, certificates etc. are normal.

I would like to write up a good announcement that I passed this nearly impossible test and what it means. I want to balance it between praise, congratulations and include some verbiage about the PE, what it means, how difficult it is, etc and not come across as arrogant.

I'll submit it to my boss to send out, so it would be coming from him.

Any thought or recommendations or samples?
I wouldn't recommend overselling it... because as you recognize, it can come across as arrogant. "nearly impossible" is an exaggeration - it's possible for most.

I usually frame the PE as such when talking to non-engineers:

Obtaining my professional engineering license required a four year degree, a preliminary 8-hour exam, four years of experience and then another 8-hour exam.

Anytime someone hears "8-hour exam" they tend to be impressed. You might have to amp it up for other nerds, but I'd start there.

I usually frame the PE as such when talking to non-engineers:
Obtaining my professional engineering license required a four year degree, a preliminary 8-hour exam, four years of experience and then another 8-hour exam.

Anytime someone hears "8-hour exam" they tend to be impressed. You might have to amp it up for other nerds, but I'd start there.

Maybe translate all the durations into star dates, for the EE audience.

Back