Am I ABET Accredited?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.s.koh

Reaction score
Hi guys, new user here.

I graduated in May 2015 from an ABET Accredited school, but did not pass the FE exam.

I am planning on becoming a patent attorney after my current job is over.

If I did not pass my FE exam, am I not ABET accredited, or does that not matter as long as I graduated from the school?

Thank!

if your school is accredited then you have an abet degree.   If you haven't passed the FE exam than you are not an EIT.  plain and simple 

I believe ABET and the FE are mutally exclusive.  The student is not ABET accredited, the school curriculum is.  One of the requirements to qualify ti take the PE (with lesser years of experience) is graduation from an ABET accredited program (or the equivalent).

The question would be:  Have you graduated from an ABET accredited program?  If the program is accredited, then the answer is yes, I graduiated from an ABET accredited program.

What requirement are you trying to meet?

You most likely went to an ABET accredited school as most engineering programs require it. While you did not pass the FE exam, you can continue to re-test until you pass that, and then move on to the PE exam (assuming you meet the experience requirements).

Back