Advice for 2nd time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take the EET course! I failed construction twice before this April exam and felt like this course was the straw that finally broke the camels back. By the way, I waited a year to retake, so it is possible! Good Luck!

Has anyone mailed a Refile Application in California? How do you know if you are approved to retake the PE Exam?

Has anyone mailed a Refile Application in California? How do you know if you are approved to retake the PE Exam?
I don't have to retake it so I don't know about the 8-hr but I asked someone.

8-Hour: Once you got approved the first time, that's it. You can go on NCEES to pay with the same log-in you did the first time. But it will show "pending" until you pay CA board and they send the word to NCEES. There's no restriction on when you can pay NCEES. You won't get a letter or card from CA board though. Just have to pay both of them and make sure they talk to each other so you see "Approved" on NCEES' site.

Seismic and Survey: This I know and figure the board will send an authorization email (ATT) like they did last time. Then I'll be able to go on Prometric's site to pay them and pick my dates.

I hope this helps.

I don't have to retake it so I don't know about the 8-hr but I asked someone.

8-Hour: Once you got approved the first time, that's it. You can go on NCEES to pay with the same log-in you did the first time. But it will show "pending" until you pay CA board and they send the word to NCEES. There's no restriction on when you can pay NCEES. You won't get a letter or card from CA board though. Just have to pay both of them and make sure they talk to each other so you see "Approved" on NCEES' site.

Seismic and Survey: This I know and figure the board will send an authorization email (ATT) like they did last time. Then I'll be able to go on Prometric's site to pay them and pick my dates.

I hope this helps.
Thanks! I appreciate your help.

No problem. Turns out that person got an email confirmation for this 8hr refile this time. For the last refile, they didn't.

Best of luck in October!

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

Back