AASHTO Green book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civil78

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering a used copy of the AASHTO green book as a reference for the AM. It would have come in handy this past April. Does anyone have any advice on which edition I can get away with. I'd rather not buy new and have to suck up that $$$ at the moment.

Are you sure you needed it, I dont recall where it would have been more help than CREM 11. Maybe others can refresh my memory.

I'm thinking of ordering a used copy of the AASHTO green book as a reference for the AM. It would have come in handy this past April. Does anyone have any advice on which edition I can get away with. I'd rather not buy new and have to suck up that $$$ at the moment.
There were a few times in April 09 that it would have come in very handy. Calcs that I did that I could have simply looked up from tables in the green book.

^^ I have the 2004 Green Book, which I had left at home in April. It correctly answered that one specific look-up question that was asked in the AM. I don't know what information changed from the 1999 to 2004 editions. Good luck. I'll be with you in Oct.

^^ I have the 2004 Green Book, which I had left at home in April. It correctly answered that one specific look-up question that was asked in the AM. I don't know what information changed from the 1999 to 2004 editions. Good luck. I'll be with you in Oct.

I probably missed a problem on the AM portion because I did not have the Green Book. I had my highways book and found a table that gave a plausible answer. If you don't have one I'd talk to someone at the next ASCE chapter meeting or professional development seminar. They would probably loan you one of the hard copies, most companies also subscribe to the website so that the employees can look up the standards online.

Back