aaaaarrgghh! I am WOMAN! Hear me roar!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Yeah RG .. your not an 4ZZh0l3 --> You are a whole
5.gif
. Tell 'em to get it straight!!

:respect:

JR

Good work TX! Sounds like you handled it pretty well. I'm sure word will get around that you're tough :) -- and they'll have a lot more respect since you handled it yourself instead of going to management.

:thankyou: I figured if I was professional about it, I'd have a better chance of coming across as an adult rather than a kid.

At my old job word got around pretty quick that I was an unflattering term that rhymes with witch... I guess it's only a matter of time here... :17:

Is it witch, or do you find that flattering? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this thread still seems to be getting some traffic, I figured I'd update everyone on what happened Friday. So, I was packing up my stuff to move into the new building and one of the guys who called me "Little Girl" last week walked in. I just happened to be moving a box that was filled with textbooks. Guy walks in and says "Here, let me take that sweetie" and tried to grab the box from me. When I let go, he dropped it! I guess it was heavier than it looked :D
Then, I walked over to my desk where I had copies of our company's harassment policy and handed one to him. He looked at it long enough to figure out what it was, then looked at me and kind of sputtered... "But... I didn't mean..." I said, "I know you didn't mean anything by your little nicknames, but it is degrading and inappropriate." His reply was, "Sorry, I never thought about it that way." I said, "I figured that, that's why I haven't said anything about this to anyone else." He said, with a grin, "Well, I guess I'll just have to get used to women in this business." Then he helped me move the rest of my boxes, after assuring me that he was just trying to be nice and not implying that I couldn't do it myself. So, it takes some effort, but they can be trained :)

I didn't see the other two who made the comment last week, but I have a feeling that Larry will let them know they shouldn't mess with me :)
Way to go. I would pay to see that guy's face when he read the policy. Nailed. He asked for it.

Sorry, no pics... btw, looking 19 does NOT necessarily equal being hot! :)
Ah c'mmon. I don't believe you and still think we need pics but before a anti-harrassment policy in this forum comes with my name I stop asking for pics.

Latest posts

Back