A note about the forum on test weekend

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ssshhhh ... be vewy, vewy quiet. I am huntin wabbit. Uh huhuhuhuhuhuhuh ....
sigs_looney013.gif

JR

Freon, this is an old thread from the last exam that RG bumped back up.
Sapper took it and passed the October exam.

I thought I saw that Sapper passed last time around, but I assumed that old age was catching up to me...Time to cancel the CAT Scan.

Freon

im not taking it this time so this is kinda what I've been doing instead of studying

Last edited by a moderator:
okay for the most part I have temporarily removed the ability to post here. Please bear with us for a day or two.

Thanks and pray for out test takers today! :D :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

okay we should be back on,

today was a f-cked up day, sorry it took me so long to get it back online..

I believe there is ample time to re-apply in all states. How much you have to pay and the number of hoops to jump through varies considerably I think.

In my state (Vermont) once you are approved to take the exam with the state, if you need to retake it, you just re-register with ELSES.

Think positive, you passed.

It's like the whole innocent until proven guilty, you passed until NCEES proves otherwise.

^ Easier said than done. I walked out of the exam room feeling cocky enough to take on a bear. Then over the weeks I began second guessing my answers to questions. Got myself in a real panic from time to time.

^ Easier said than done. I walked out of the exam room feeling cocky enough to take on a bear. Then over the weeks I began second guessing my answers to questions. Got myself in a real panic from time to time.

I'm guilty as charged also. By the time Califorina got around to releasing results, I had gone from possibly passing to completely failing in my head many times over. It is an intimidating wait---unfortunately, it's part of the process and everyone has to go through it (as least 8 weeks of it).

"The Wait" is THE most frustrating thing- I still can't understand why it takes 3 months to run a scantron. Can't we just scan our own tests as we walk out the door, and find out immediately?

"The Wait" is THE most frustrating thing- I still can't understand why it takes 3 months to run a scantron. Can't we just scan our own tests as we walk out the door, and find out immediately?
grover --

NCEES uses a grading technique called "equating" that is supposed to ensure that exam 'difficulty' is maintained from exam-to-exam with different questions based on how the group performs. So, an instantaneous score isn't possible.

Having said that I certainly do NOT believe it should take 2-3 months to receive scores. If anything, the 'equating' process should be mostly automated and any additional time taken to review scores should be based on aberrations or 'errors' that arise during the grading process.

At my job we have a statistical tool called FLUCL that evaluates analytical data. It determines the 95% UCL for that data set based on 27 different statistical methods - meaning it runs each one and then selects the method the 'fits' the best based on all information. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to have the 'equating' method set up in the same manner.

But then again, who would think it takes 4-yrs of experience to qualify to sit for a professional exam ??

JR

Ladies and gentlemen - our first results wait rant. I had 9 AM today in the mod's pool. Time to pay up DV.

Latest posts

Back