39... I mean... 40 days

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you serious, they have not determined the cut score yet. That's absolutely ccccrrrrraaaaazzzzzyyyy :deadhorse:

Once again I don't understand this organization. If this is an oddball year and they aren't sure about the cut score for a specific test, why can't the release all the other disciple results and delay the Petroleum results?

The SE exam results are released later due to scoring and grading method.

I really hope I pass so that I don't have to deal with NCEES again.

Look on Page 15 of the December 2014 Licensure exchange on NCEES website... there is a meeting scheduled for Dec 8-9 in Houston for determining the PE Petroleum cut score... and since they release all the PE results at once, I would assume that means that the scores won't be released until after they hash that out... rest your F5 keys people. They won't help you any more.

Also says the SE exam scoring workshop is Dec. 4-6. Good find. Definitely time to stop hammering that F5

tumblr_maxd88K43e1r045xto1_500.gif

I just talked to someone at NCEES, the cut score meeting for PE Pet. it for future exams, not this one. Dust that f5 back off!

But there is also the January 21–22 PE Petroleum Exam Meeting scheduled.

I don't think these meetings will affect our results release date.

So keep up the good F5ing work!!!

why would they determine the cut score before the exam

Last edited by a moderator:
146, 30, 113, 3. most i've seen on here... and we all have no idea what's going on.

I sure do like pizza. early lunch!

Now I wonder more what science goes behind the CUT SCORE :popcorn:
Here's what it says on the ncees website:

Determining passing scoresWhen an exam is introduced or when its specifications change, a committee of subject-matter experts works with experienced psychometricians (testing experts with a background in statistics) to determine the level of performance that corresponds with minimal competence in that discipline. This becomes the passing score. NCEES does not publish passing scores because they change with each administration. NCEES scores each exam with no predetermined percentage of examinees that should pass or fail. All exams are scored the same way. First-time takers and repeat takers are graded to the same standard.

EquatingFor subsequent administrations of the exam, statistical equating is used to ensure that this level of performance is consistent across multiple administrations of that exam. Essentially, this means that while the numerical passing score may change with each administration, you are not disadvantaged when one administration of a particular exam is more difficult than another. This process accounts for the 8- to 10-week interval between an exam administration and the release of scores to member licensing boards.

So it looks like this meeting is to set the passing score for this petroleum exam and will be the basis for the future petroleum exams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look on Page 15 of the December 2014 Licensure exchange on NCEES website... there is a meeting scheduled for Dec 8-9 in Houston for determining the PE Petroleum cut score... and since they release all the PE results at once, I would assume that means that the scores won't be released until after they hash that out... rest your F5 keys people. They won't help you any more.

There are other exam meetings well into January. There is a good chance this "Cut Score Meeting" is not related to the Oct 2014 exam.

So have we gone full circle now to get to the real question at hand, what's the cut score of this exam??

Back