39... I mean... 40 days

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This very well could be misplaced hope, but I happened to see on the Florida Board website that there's a board meeting scheduled for today. Maybe they know something about NCEES releasing the results, or maybe it's something completely different. Just thought I'd toss it out there so other people can have something else to worry about too!
Agenda for today:

1. F5

2. Misplace hope

3. F5

4. Laugh

5. F5

6. Repeat
Haha, indeed. It's the misplaced hope and tears of others that get me through the day.

This very well could be misplaced hope, but I happened to see on the Florida Board website that there's a board meeting scheduled for today. Maybe they know something about NCEES releasing the results, or maybe it's something completely different. Just thought I'd toss it out there so other people can have something else to worry about too!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.wbur.org/wordpress/1/files/2010/08/0803_florida-recount.jpg

Florida?

This smells like a recount!!!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.wbur.org/wordpress/1/files/2010/08/0803_florida-recount.jpg

Florida?

This smells like a recount!!!

I just talked to someone at NCEES, the cut score meeting for PE Pet. it for future exams, not this one. Dust that f5 back off!

I just contacted NCEES and they told me the opposite, that the meeting does pertain to the October 2014 exam results.

This is the winner, results will be 12/9-12/10 at the earliest. Just got back in touch with NCEES and that meeting is for the passing score determination... back to work!

I just talked to someone at NCEES, the cut score meeting for PE Pet. it for future exams, not this one. Dust that f5 back off!

I just contacted NCEES and they told me the opposite, that the meeting does pertain to the October 2014 exam results.

This is the winner, results will be 12/9-12/10 at the earliest. Just got back in touch with NCEES and that meeting is for the passing score determination... back to work!

Again, why does this affect and delay other discipline results? Are my civil/structural scores impacted by this meeting?

Again, why does this affect and delay other discipline results? Are my civil/structural scores impacted by this meeting?

Yes. Because I said so.

When I was waiting on my results I think I wore the F5 key out and gave myself Carpal Tunnel. I've been on both sides of the fence so I can relate to everyone. There is such an overwhelming sense of relief when you see that green "PASS" on your NCEES account.

If I had to guess, I'd say the state licensing boards don't want to have to deal with results by discipline. Only by the type of license. So that's why surveying results, engineering results and structural results are released separately.

If I had to guess, I'd say the state licensing boards don't want to have to deal with results by discipline. Only by the type of license. So that's why surveying results, engineering results and structural results are released separately.

I thought we all agreed it was because I said so...

Sure. My comment was in addition to yours. I thought that was implied....... :afro:

Do any states give licenses to specific fields i.e. Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineer?

If so, they would have to sort by field anyway.

I know LA let's the engineer decide based on their own judgement but I figured some states were more stringent.

Sure. My comment was in addition to yours. I thought that was implied....... :afro:

Okay, just making sure we were clear though cause a lot of these guys are going loony with the F5 button and we may have to spell it out for them

there was a rumor that if you get an email from PPI to join a class for PE means you failed the PE exam. Is it true? I got an email from PPI to join the class today.

thanks

Panna
lol.. I got an email for CEU classes from ASCE.. this means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.. they got the list from NCEES (they sell the information to vendors).. emails from anyone other than NCEES mean NOTHING !

I'm so glad to be done with this part...

I still get anxious just thinking about the exam and the feelings I while waiting for the results...

there was a rumor that if you get an email from PPI to join a class for PE means you failed the PE exam. Is it true? I got an email from PPI to join the class today.

thanks

Panna
lol.. I got an email for CEU classes from ASCE.. this means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.. they got the list from NCEES (they sell the information to vendors).. emails from anyone other than NCEES mean NOTHING !

The ncees privacy statement says, "NCEES does not rent or sell personal information to third parties."

http://ncees.org/supplemental-pages/privacy-statement/

So I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for an invite to the NCEES annual keg stand competition.

Back