35 days till Results....little more than a month

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked my state's database. I knew nothing would be there, but I figured why not.

You search by name, and this name came up that's very similar to mine. It said PE next to his name.

For a split second, I thought it was me. :suicide:

I wonder what would happen if I called my state's PE Board and just flat out asked: When do you expect the results to be announced.

I'm not trying to be pushy, but a hard date would be great. :brick:

Interesting news guys.

I just spoke with the secretary for the Vermont PE Board. She was very friendly and forthcoming with info.

She said we will actually get a letter from ELSES telling us if we passed or failed before they receive anything at the state level. :blink:

The state then goes about issuing license numbers, dues invoices, certificates, etc.

She said that she issued licenses around June 10 last year. And, if we hear before they do, we're talking first week of June here. So, it maybe only 3-4 more weeks.

If we're getting something from ELSES, that means it should be consistent across the states.

Can anyone who has already taken it confirm this?

I can confirm that it is not uniform from state to state.

My state has ELSES send the results to them, and then the state board here sends the fail letters.

The state board sent me an email last time stating that they would have a one day turn-around on the results.

when i took the EIT / LSIT the letters all came from the state board, so I am sure every state is different...

When I took the EIT, (in New York) I received a letter from Castle Worldwide (the testing agency before ELSES) in June. Then I got a certificate from the state in like August I think.

Same here. 9 years ago on the EIT. I barely remember taking the test. I definitely don't remeber obsessing over it like I am the PE.

Ed

Last edited:
I took the EIT in 2003. It's still somewhat recent to me.

I'm definitely obsessing over the PE much more. The EIT didn't really change much.

The PE is a license to practice from your state. It means more money and responsibility. More credibility and prestige. And, it's kinda the final step from what you started on when you began engineering school. :beerchug

A friend took the October 2004 exam (Georgia) and got his results on Christmas Eve. He failed and had a horrible Christmas. Luckily, he passed the next exam. I heard that now they don't release the October results until after the new year to avoid this. Is this true?

probably due to NCEES and state governments being on holiday mode (Not doing anything) from November until January 15th

Well gang, it has officially been over a month since test day. I've loved not having to study all the time.

From the sounds of it, it looks like we should start hearing in about 3-4 weeks or so. :kick:

Latest posts

Back