Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted 2 hours ago on https://www.facebook.com/The-Board-for-Professional-Engineers-Land-Surveyors-and-Geologists-107020752801578/?ref=page_internal:

EXAM RESULTS
Results for NCEES exams will provided to the applicant through your NCEES online profile. 
Results for California State exams will be sent through your email address of record. 
If You Pass the PE Exam:
You will receive a separate notification directly from the California Board with information regarding the status of your application for licensure.
If you have already submitted your application for licensure to the California Board, you will need to submit the Notice of Successful National Examination Form found on the California Board’s website at:

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applic…/board_notification_form.pdf

and the California Board will then advise you of the status of your application for licensure. You can submit the Form through the Board’s Application Information email address at: [email protected] or you can submit the Form through regular mail (the United States Postal Service).

If you have not yet submitted your application for licensure to the California Board, you will need to do so by following the instructions on the California Board’s website at

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/lsappintro.shtml.

Bad news. My contact at the board did confirm that they were notified by ncees that the results are ready. He said it might take till the end of next week before they are ready. He is the same guy last time that gave me the same extended time period but the results were released in half the time. They give themselves a HUGE buffer so people will not bug them if they are not ready in a day or two.

Bad news. My contact at the board did confirm that they were notified by ncees that the results are ready. He said it might take till the end of next week before they are ready. He is the same guy last time that gave me the same extended time period but the results were released in half the time. They give themselves a HUGE buffer so people will not bug them if they are not ready in a day or two.
Yeah I just called Josselin at the Board and she said by end of next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the passing score is for the state specific surveying exam?

Anyone know what the passing score is for the state specific surveying exam?
It's a pass or fail here in California... it's been like this for a while. I would say if you feel comfortable with +70% of the questions, you are gold.

It's a pass or fail here in California... it's been like this for a while. I would say if you feel comfortable with +70% of the questions, you are gold.
Thanks! But no one really knows right? It could even be 60%.

It took California 30 business days to post the results of the exams following the April 2016 test date (April 15 to May 27). Based on posts on these boards, that was a fast turnaround. The October exam test date was October 28, and 30 business days from that date is December 14 (after factoring in days off for Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving). I'm still hopeful for this week, but next week is more likely. Number of business days is the most accurate way to guesstimate this.

Also, the number of business days from the April 2016 test date to the release of results to state boards was 24 business days (April 15 to May 19). 24 business days from the October 2016 test date would be today (12/6). I would expect California posting results as early as December 14, but more likely the end of next week or into the week of Dec 19. 
I'd say my prediction was pretty dead on...

I say it will be Wednesday and they'll wrap up Friday.

POSTED DECEMBER 12, 2016 - We are currently verifying and coordinating all examination results. It is anticipated the results will be released December 15 or 16. Updates will posted to the Board’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter account. Please do not call the Board office for updates.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

Back