2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Universities are kicking college students from the dorms and teaching online for the rest of the semester here. Waiting for the rest of the schools to follow if e-learning is available. Husband’s office is asking to see who could work from home as well.

Missouri’s big cities also have canceled all events of 1,000 people or more. 

The PE in Missouri is one location at a huge conference hall at a hotel so I’m waiting to hear what NCEES is going to do with the test being 37 days away...I saw the website but know that can change daily. 

so guess what I get to do? I get to be that person that everyone hates. I just sent out a "we are open for business tomorrow so you better show up" email. lol

btw, I won't be there all day so i'm sure that will go over well.

I warned a good friend of mine against a weekend trip to Manila (Philippines) with his family. Idiot went anyway. Got off the plane to learn that Manila has been locked down. He can still leave, but is planning to stay until Monday night because  Dad reasons: "I paid for this, so we're just going to avoid people but still do everything we had planned."

F____er better not ask to stay at my house for his layover on the way back. 

Last edited by a moderator:
so guess what I get to do? I get to be that person that everyone hates. I just sent out a "we are open for business tomorrow so you better show up" email. lol

btw, I won't be there all day so i'm sure that will go over well.
I thought you worked at the airport? I would think that would be open... well at least until TPTB finally cease commercial air traffic.

I like the new avatar!  Seems even more diabolical 😄

We were told to bring our laptops home every night just in case we move in that direction.  I fully expect it to happen by next week.    
haha Thanks. Just messing around in the mafia thread. 

I started working from home and realized my VPN is not working. spent the whole day with IT yesterday with no result. Looking forward to the same today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids are now on 2 week spring breaks and assuming the ones in college won’t go back to finish spring semester... therefore everyone needs food for extra people at home that wasn’t planned for and the grocery stores look like it’s the day before thanksgiving at 6am on a Friday....

I thought I would get a jump on a few staples like potatoes/ rice/ beans this morning before work but that shit was gone....

I know where the elk hang out up at Rocky Mountain national park - looks like I may not need to get a tag from the government this year after all...

Can you skin a buck? Run a trout line?

Kids are now on 2 week spring breaks and assuming the ones in college won’t go back to finish spring semester... therefore everyone needs food for extra people at home that wasn’t planned for and the grocery stores look like it’s the day before thanksgiving at 6am on a Friday....

I thought I would get a jump on a few staples like potatoes/ rice/ beans this morning before work but that shit was gone....

I know where the elk hang out up at Rocky Mountain national park - looks like I may not need to get a tag from the government this year after all...

Can you skin a buck? Run a trout line?
Are those interview questions for sister wives? 

We've been giving the option to work from home if it doesn't impact your work, but it's not mandatory. They are trying to limit the number of people on the facility. So if you're just doing "computer work" you can do that from home. People doing manufacturing are working here at full capacity. In engineering, people running tests or building test articles are required to be here, but you could do CAD and calcs from home. Our customer service and tech support will be allowed to work from home, but first IT needs to setup some additional remote capabilities to our customer service systems. Etc Etc 

I started working from home and realized my VPN is not working. spent the whole day with IT yesterday with no result. Looking forward to the same today.
So yesterday I told the IT guys that this has happened 2-3 years back. Can you please look into that ticket to see what the resolution was. They said it was some other issue.  Two guys tried with no results. Was contacted today by the next level up guy. Told him about the past issue. He looked up the solution and It worked. So I wasted all of yesterday for no reason. 🙄

Back