2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the highlights, not sure how that qualified as a PK. Sometimes it seems that these penalties are just as "soft" as the Roughing the Passer penalties against Tom Brady. "Oh no, a defender touched them, must be penalty."

Definitely agree about it being a very questionable PK. But Naeher came up big when she and the team needed to most, and that will be remembered for a long time. And is likely a huge confidence builder!

I also liked Sauerbrunn's explanation of the PK, which was something along the lines of her knowing that the threat was high that England was about to score, so she had to get in there and defend aggressively. She didn't say it was a bogus call, and deflected answering that by saying she hadn't yet seen the replay. Good sportsmanship there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, fantastic day for the U.S. WMNT! They are truly the best in the business. And leagues better than the USMNT, who played an absolutely terrible second half and we lucky to only lose 1-0!

Now if only the US WNT got paid as much for winning the WWC as the French men's team did last year for winning the men's WC (4 million vs 38 million dollars, come onnnn FIFA!).

And if only there hadn't been two other men's finals of YEARLY tournaments scheduled for the SAME DAY. Fun for soccer fans, very disrespectful for women's soccer.

I really enjoyed the women's soccer this years over the men's,  I think mainly because they don't fake injury anytime someone gets too close to them..

We were out in Breckenridge at a bar this past Sunday and some random dudes walked in and tried changing the baseball game over to soccer and about got their asses handed to them. Not by us because I was too busy enjoying a fresh squeezed margarita, but even the bartender was like, WTF you didn't even buy anything but want to change our TV channel?

Every time I see these acronyms, I read them as TMNT.

268x0w.jpg

Back