2016 Holiday Season

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or you could just download an emulator, burn it to a DVD, get a USB X-Box controller, and play it on virtually ANY computer. And it would be a hell of a lot more than just 30 games. <smh>
I have a Raspberry Pi running an emulation package and it has every NES, SNES, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, Genesis, Master System, and Atari (800, 2600, 5200, and 7200) game ever made on it...plus a few N64 and PS1 games (their file sizes were too large to load all of them).  I told my sister that I could make one of those for my nephew and it would cost roughly 2/3 as much as the NES Classic.

I have a Raspberry Pi running an emulation package and it has every NES, SNES, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, Genesis, Master System, and Atari (800, 2600, 5200, and 7200) game ever made on it...plus a few N64 and PS1 games (their file sizes were too large to load all of them).  I told my sister that I could make one of those for my nephew and it would cost roughly 2/3 as much as the NES Classic.
Now you're talking!!! :thumbs:

Uncle Santawilheldp, may I please ask you for a Christmas gift?

Uncle Santawilheldp, may I please ask you for a Christmas gift?
Just Google RetroPie.  It comes in a disk image that you can throw on an SD card.  You put the SD card in the Raspberry Pi, put in a couple of simple commands (instructions are provided), plug in a USB controller and download some ROMs.  It's pretty simple.

You nerds are too old for video games!

By the way I bought my Christmas present last night since the family always screws is it up ;)

8c4a88c2f590276de787a152bf73161c.png

RG and the Millenium Falcon in one photo. My Christmas present came early.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6Q2GSY?psc=1

I bought myself one of these.

I don't use it for gaming but I stream live TV (international) for my wife with it and also use it for ham radio.

I really should put an NES emulator on it.
Nice little starter kit. Also LOL @ "[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]Card pre-loaded with NOOBS".  Ha ha.[/COLOR]

You nerds are too old for video games!

By the way I bought my Christmas present last night since the family always screws is it up ;)

8c4a88c2f590276de787a152bf73161c.png
Epic! We'll be expecting a full video demo, for scientific purposes. :thumbs:

Nice little starter kit. Also LOL @ "[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]Card pre-loaded with NOOBS".  Ha ha.[/COLOR]

LOL! I deleted it and am currently running Ubuntu Mate. It works just fine for me.

It, the Falcon drone, does not get good reviews on Amazon.  :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not get good reviews on Amazon.  :(
LOL, 1,059 reviews and an overall 5-star rating isn't "good"?! :huh:

Most of this I assume is due to operator error in which users then blame the product rather than their own misunderstanding of how to configure it.

I pronounced RaPi to rhyme with "Popeye" in my head. Bluto's the rapey one, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back