2008 APRIL RESULTS 3 WEEKS EARLY!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I didn't know Ricky Bobby was trying to become a licensed engineer :D

Maybe Tom Cruise can use his "witchcraft" to lower the cut score :lmao:

do you think they'd frown on showing up with one of those nifty beer drinking helmets??

Actually, in taking the FS this past April, i was surprised at the # of guys wearing baseball caps, and not being required to remove them, since NCEES supposedly proclaims no brimmed hats.

do you think they'd frown on showing up with one of those nifty beer drinking helmets??Actually, in taking the FS this past April, i was surprised at the # of guys wearing baseball caps, and not being required to remove them, since NCEES supposedly proclaims no brimmed hats.
Well...if you had actual beer in it then yes, because NCEES does not allow alcoholic beverages into the room.

Yeah, they told us no hooded sweatshirts but my table mate was wearing one.

Yeah, they told us no hooded sweatshirts but my table mate was wearing one.
I had two hooded jackets. I forgot all about it. I didn't put the hood up, though. I have a feeling that's what they really are trying to avoid.

Dear Baby Jesus...please let the cut score be 40%!
Do you really mean that? do you mean 40 out of 80 or 40% (32/80). Assuming they evenly distribute the A, B, C and Ds, you could pick B all the way through and make 20. So let's say you have someone who knows just a little (enough to be dangerous) and gets 15 right on their own and guesses 1 out of 4 right for the remainder. That's a score of 30 which is pretty close to your 32. I'm not sure I really want the passing score that low.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really mean that? do you mean 40 out of 80 or 40% (32/80). Assuming they evenly distribute the A, B, C and Ds, you could pick B all the way through and make 20. So let's say you have someone who knows just a little (enough to be dangerous) and gets 15 right on their own and guesses 1 out of 4 right for the remainder. That's a score of 30 which is pretty close to your 32. I'm not sure I really want the passing score that low.......
Okay, fine, I wouldn't want a world full of dumb engineers either...I'll revise...

Dear Baby Jesus,

Please let me pass!

The bad news - I just got off the phone with my friends at NCEES. Seems the pass rates for April 2008 are "historically low", with most disciplines seeing a 15-20% drop. "We've never seen anything like it", one of them said.

The good news - apparently there is pressure from the Bush administration to provide an "economic stimulus cut-score" so that the otherwise failing PEs will be licensed anyways and be able to get better jobs. McCain and Obama signed this super-secret emergency legislation, while Hillary abstained. The modified pass rates will meet or exceed historical rates. All of this legislation was all sneaked into a bill providing reduced bus fares for war widows.

The first batches of modified results go out this weekend.

If harder tests resulted in lower cut scores which in turn increased the passing rate, that would be a bad thing - there'd be more less qualified engineers on the rolls.

The bad news - I just got off the phone with my friends at NCEES. Seems the pass rates for April 2008 are "historically low", with most disciplines seeing a 15-20% drop. "We've never seen anything like it", one of them said.
The good news - apparently there is pressure from the Bush administration to provide an "economic stimulus cut-score" so that the otherwise failing PEs will be licensed anyways and be able to get better jobs. McCain and Obama signed this super-secret emergency legislation, while Hillary abstained. The modified pass rates will meet or exceed historical rates. All of this legislation was all sneaked into a bill providing reduced bus fares for war widows.

The first batches of modified results go out this weekend.
I heard it a little bit different. Supposedly Hamas is preparing to infiltrate ELSES with bogus test results to corrupt the United States with bad Engineers. They have figured out how to hack in to the new grading software. They are using the much feared 'reciprocal' worm to show all those that passed as failed and then vice-versa with the failed results. Man, I can't believe how messed up them terrorists are.

Two more weeks to go ... :bananalama:

Our Destination is: June 7, 2008. Very excited.

If passed, here we go- :party-smiley-048: :Locolaugh: :p10940623:

If failed, here we go- :deadhorse: :brickwall:

So much for 3 weeks early! Maybe 2 weeks early?

I am guessing no. :brickwall:

How about a new post titled "April 2008 results 3 months late due to new software"

Now that's more like it! Hopefully this new software wasn't written by M$

I am fatalistic about it...I studied my B___'s off, and I cant see myself doing that much better if I were Albert Einstein or Bill Gates or Wehrner Von Braun. I'm not a bad engineer and not a bad test taker. ActuallY i kind of enejoy studying for the exam because it keeps my mind fresh--kind of like doing crossword puzzles. Its a nice break from office politics, bills, fixing my car ...

So if i should not pass..well i did my best

Back