2 guys got the axe today

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
well we had been trying to get rid of a new guy in our department for, then I di they had plans to get rid of another guy as well.

kind a way, I recall interviewing the kid (little over a year out of Ga Tech) and he was pretty adamant he . When I was going over his severance paperwork, he said he would agree to a pa keep him, he even lowered himself into thrange. For a minute I felt bad for him, then I recalled the time I was out of the office and had asked himwith friends along the way" and then that feeling went away..

It was harder than I thought it would be (first civillian firing). But at least I dont have to find him busy work to do anymore. I am sure the guy had to have some smarts, graduating from Tech, but the dude just had no common sense whatsoever....

They also let go this complete drunken idiot (ENV PLanner) who had hung on for a long time, I didnt get stuck with that one, sadly he's the type of small self esteem g

I just posted this in here cause I dont know who all esle from my work reads this thing

Last edited:
then I recalled the time I was out of the office and had asked him to hand deliver a proposal that was mailed to us from another office, and he delivered it late because he "had went to lunch with friends along the way"
I'd have either fired him right then, or I would have gotten fired for crackin' him upside his fuckin' head for that one.

Yeah I was really suprised I didnt get in trouble for very openly calling him a fucking dumbass when I got back...

They got rid of guy here several months ago who was a real piece of work.

Apparently, while in a drug induced stupor, he started threatening all the places that fired him over the years (I guess there have been quite a few). We were the most recent firing and he has some obsession with a coffee cup that he swears someone stole while he was here so now we get to have a locked front door with a buzzer on it like some pawnshop in downtown Detroit because everyone is paranoid.

I think he is too stupid to do anything, but if they're that worried about it then they should just give the secretary out front a 20-gauge (she's kind of old and small) or a taser. In the meantime, I'm sure that sends a wonderful message to potential clients when they have to get buzzed into the office.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the oppurtunity to get my boss fired. He had started an anonymous web site bashing our company, and offering alternative products. Well, after a little elementary snooping, I found his name on the domain registry. I confronted him first, and he denied it. Claimed he was being framed. I also informed management. They went so far as to check his home PC and bank records. When they confirmed it was him, he was let go.

He was a smart guy, and a good PE. Except for that little ethics violation.

I had the oppurtunity to get my boss fired. He had started an anonymous web site bashing our company, and offering alternative products.
If one wants to bash his or her company, why not just tell them right in the face or just simply leave and go somewhere else? The end result is the same, you either leave eventually or will be asked to leave. I guess that is someone's way to vent by setting up a website. So hilarious. Are you sure this site is not for everyone to bash his or her company? ;) :angry:

Last edited:
Did he not notice the part when he had to buy the site and they asked for his name / contact info?

There was no contact info posted on the site. We did a "WHOIS" lookup to find his info. Guess he didn't know about it.

I've always wondered if he acted alone.

Most domain hosts charge $8-$15 for private domain registration so your name doesn't show up on a whois. What an idiot.

Back