1k beotches! (edited)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 1600 joints, 900 members, 70 floor plates (due to different thicknesses on the same floor), 40 + wall sections (both shear and partition) with openings.

It's a 7 story university building that was built in 1960's that the owner wants a full seismic analysis for under the existing and current code; to also include the annex facilities that are connected to it. Due to the seismic loads alone, there's 97 load cases (including the reversing affects) with over 346000 degrees of freedom!

It's undergoing run #2 of today right now after adjusting the restraints for one of the exterior columns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plates and wall sections will do that do you. I don't use those very often since most of the structures I design are open steel structures.

Are there any rules?
We've been unofficially running with the rule that 1st post of the page sets the rules for the rest of the page.

For example, the 1st post here was all about emoticons, so every post on this page should also have one.

:bananalama:

Plates and wall sections will do that do you. I don't use those very often since most of the structures I design are open steel structures.
Yep, I'll agree with you on that one. Under dead loads only, it was only 30 minutes per run (mainly as a model test). If it wasn't for the center core seismic restraint system or the composite floors, I would have left it open. Much easier to run it that way; but not how this building was originally designed.

Back to the normally scheduled 10k: :beat:

what the heck, I'll throw in a quadruple for good measure

See, I didn't double post :) :juggle: :beat:

and we wonder why the admins don't like 10k's...

:fencing:

Well, I'm just following the rules of no double posting :fart: It doesn't state that there cannot be multiple consecutive posts, only no double posts. Rules R rules..

Hmm, for this page:

51.jpg

Post number road sign or post number image

53airportcut.jpg

Heck, if we didn't have multiple postings, we woulda never finished that last 15k!

Fiddy fid

I'll stick to the rules next post.

EDIT: Oops. I misunderstood. Thought it was post any road sign number.

hwy_57_web.jpg

^^^ Counting fail

600px-New_Mexico_58.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back