16 Hour SE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if there was a way to ware out the refresh button on this webpage.. i would have done it by now..
how do you not post everyone at once. that is just poop.

congrats tx.. bring on the northeast states!
I think ncees has "posted" everything at once. they've sent all the results to the state boards. some states allow the exam proctoring part of ncees to notify the candidates on their behalf. i would imagine that this option is available to all states - some choose to use it and some don't.

No results in VA.......... any other VA candidates outthere waiting?

I did not pass either portion. I had to retake the PE and passed it on the second time. I plan to take the gravity in the fall and the lateral in the spring. Looks like I was very close on both parts. I am licensed in Washington as a PE. Did the graders from WA target me as competition and intentionally grade my exam more closely? Probably not but it is a thought! It is more than likely that I "reviewed" rather than worked problems. This time around I will only work problems. Talk to all of you in the winter.

I did not pass either portion. I had to retake the PE and passed it on the second time. I plan to take the gravity in the fall and the lateral in the spring. Looks like I was very close on both parts. I am licensed in Washington as a PE. Did the graders from WA target me as competition and intentionally grade my exam more closely? Probably not but it is a thought! It is more than likely that I "reviewed" rather than worked problems. This time around I will only work problems. Talk to all of you in the winter.
Didn't pass either section either. I was contemplating the same strategy. Maybe take gravity in the fall and lateral in the spring. Or I could just move on. Also a PE and have no real desire to go to CA, IL, or WA anyway.

No dice this time around for either portion. :(

I wonder what the the pass/fail rates are? I might just go with civil/structural exam just so that I can get the PE title and come back to the SE exam later. Bummer.

Just checked again, not available yet...odd thing...........civileng75, did you take it in VA?

Didn't pass either section either. I was contemplating the same strategy. Maybe take gravity in the fall and lateral in the spring. Or I could just move on. Also a PE and have no real desire to go to CA, IL, or WA anyway.

Just checked again, not available yet...odd thing...........Amry69, did you take it in VA?

I passed the vertical but not the lateral. I took the bridge sections. What was your score for those of you that didn't pass? I scored 22/40 in the morning and "acceptable" on every essay problem in the afternoon.

ichiro,

No problem. I'm just glad that you passed!!

Also, congrats to lhpriest & bks!!!!

:multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

I passed the vertical but not the lateral. I took the bridge sections. What was your score for those of you that didn't pass? I scored 22/40 in the morning and "acceptable" on every essay problem in the afternoon.
Interesting. 22/40 in the morning and acceptable on all 4 essays. Seems like you got the equivalent of 62/80, assuming 40/40 for getting acceptable on the 4 essays. That would seem like a pass.

I unfortunately didn't pass either of the exams. However, from this experience, I learned what my weaknesses are and what I need to do to help improve my studying methods and overall score to help get that passing score. I have not decided if I am going to attempt them both at the same time again, as I did better and closer to passing in Vertical than Lateral. I think I need to brush up on a few areas and I should be better off in Lateral and less brushing up in Vertical.

Congrats to all of you who passed! Well done! :bowdown: For those of us who didn't pass this time, have faith in yourself that you can. :holyness:

All the Best,

Juice. :afro:

Last edited by a moderator:
All who post their results. Please point out what state you took the exam.

again, best of luck to all.

All who post their results. Please point out what state you took the exam.
again, best of luck to all.
SE Results by State

I figure I'll start this. Apologies if this isn't the right place to do it, but since it's only for SE tests, I thought this might belong here (as opposed to the general PE Results forum). Add states as they release their results. These are the ones I know of...

Texas - 06.29.2011

Michigan - 06.29.2011

North Carolina - 06.29.2011

Any others? I'm still waiting in New York.

Still waiting in New York... So I called the Office of Professions and they told me they go through a verification procedure with NCEES and Castle World Wide so everyone is on the same page and that it does take longer than other states (insert sarcastic response here). The person I spoke to mentioned that the Executive Secretary hopes to release the results in couple of days but in the next sentence the person said that they hope to release the results to NCEES by the end of next week. It was a cordial conversation but I am more confused than before I made that call...

So... NY has the results and they are looking at them. And we should know soon... That's all I got.

Just a quick tidbit, only 27% of those who took both the Vertical and Lateral Portion passed both sections. Its too bad they do give how many passed Vertical or Lateral separately. That sucks.

Just a quick tidbit, only 27% of those who took both the Vertical and Lateral Portion passed both sections. Its too bad they do give how many passed Vertical or Lateral separately. That sucks.
Where did you find the stats?

Back