100 Books to read in a Lifetime

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read 63. The only two in the top twenty I haven't read are 451F and The Book Thief. The Book Thief is in my stack, and I have started Something Wicked This Way Comes but haven't finished it, so I may not be a Bradbury fan.

I read very fast, and Steinbeck is my favorite author, so that covers a few, plus the Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and LOTR are staples, so that covers some more...the others...well, I read a lot.

Yes you have. You're a "list" nerd. =) How many special pens do you have? I'll bet just as many as LadyFox does. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only read one of those I think.

Right now I'm into Star Wars (when am I not) and whodunnit novels. I read the Chet and Bernie series, very light hearted series about a PI and his canine partner, as told by the pooch. And the Harry Bosch series, which is a lot darker and more realistic.

There's a B&N at the local mall, I can't go to the mall without wandering in there.

First of all, I've read 20, second I think the list sucks. There are maybe five more that I'd like to read but haven't. The remaining 75 are in the haven't read column because they look absolutely unappealing to me. And I agree the Narnia books should be in there, and they aren't.

I read a lot of the classics nowadays even if I am not interested just because we don't have a library I can use and the classics can be found free thanks to the Gutenberg project.

I just finished the Secret Garden and am about halfway through Wuthering heights.

Read what you like not because some smug elitist put it on a list!

Just wish I had the time as quiet around the house to actually read more....

Back