$10 pencil is gonna be black....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that ability went away for me when I became a moderator... Or. at least, the timing was very similar. I used to be able to see that before I was made a mod.
So, in other words, you broke the system?

This is what I get now, with my cursor hanging out over reactions (which are also un-clickable).

Black Pencil.png

It's definitely not how it used to be!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that ability went away for me when I became a moderator... Or. at least, the timing was very similar. I used to be able to see that before I was made a mod.
So, in other words, you broke the system? 

Check those boxes and select "delete posts."

c'mon, I dear you!

FYI - October of 2009 was black ;)

I never said my pencil color prediction formula was perfect.  I have admitted that it is half baked.  ;) But I do think you'll find it is relatively reliable from about +/- 2012 to present.   Accurate enough to beat Hemi this upcoming Friday!  :p  

I'm so old I brought my own pencil to the EIT exam....
Me too.  I took it in fall of 2001.  Used my own pencil and TI-89 calculator.  I think the very next administration is when they started the pencil and calculator policies. 

Hey @Hemi79, I forget, are you taking the exam this Fri?  If so, can we raise the stakes?  I should have originally tried to get your pencil! 
default_wink.png
If you lose the bet, you give me $10 and your (*cough* red *cough*) pencil.   If I lose, I give you $15.  What do you say? 

Hey @Hemi79, I forget, are you taking the exam this Fri?  If so, can we raise the stakes?  I should have originally tried to get your pencil! 
default_wink.png
If you lose the bet, you give me $10 and your (*cough* red *cough*) pencil.   If I lose, I give you $15.  What do you say? 
Oh man, thats a tough one. Giving away my passing pencil, whatever color, is a costly thing to do.  :B

Back