63 replies to this topic

#1 Lis

Lis

Intern

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Discipline:Enviro

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that Continental Testing (www.continentaltesting.net) posted results on December 19th last year.
Hopefully we'll be able to check the Continental Testing website for results by the end of this week!

This is my second time taking the exam.
Very anxious for results...

Good luck everyone...

#2 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

Continental Testing posted a message that all results will be mailed. Moreover, the admission letter specifically states that all results will be mailed. If you are able to see the results from CT websites, or from the ILDPR website, please let us know. I am not.

Edited by pelaw, 16 December 2009 - 04:58 PM.

#3 sie625

sie625

Intern

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

For the FE in April I was able to see the results on the continental website about 4-5 days before I received my letter in the mail. I would imagine that the same will be true this time for the PE as well.

I think that there was a board meeting scheduled for tomorrow that has been cancelled, so I am still looking at the 17th as the most likely date to see results on the website.

#4 jregieng

jregieng

Ninjaneer !!!

• Moderators
  • 11,827 posts
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

Wow ... with the lack of service you have received, it should be called Incontinence Testing ...

Just sayin' ....

JR

#5 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (jregieng @ Dec 16 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow ... with the lack of service you have received, it should be called Incontinence Testing ...

Just sayin' ....

JR

No Doubt. Continental Testing Service provides no feedback. It should more properly be titled Continental Testing Disservice.

#6 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

In addition, I just found this: http://engineerboard...amp;pid=6694605.
Last year, results were available through CTS website on Dec. 19, 2008?

#7 @SIM_34

@SIM_34

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (pelaw @ Dec 16 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Continental Testing posted a message that all results will be mailed. Moreover, the admission letter specifically states that all results will be mailed. If you are able to see the results from CT websites, or from the ILDPR website, please let us know. I am not.

In my experience the letter that they send is a follow-up letter to posting online.
I will still be checking their website until it posts.
If you have a link to where they indicate that they are NOT posting online, please share it here.

Regards.

#8 WoodSlinger

WoodSlinger

Project Manager

• 110 posts
  • Interests:Wood Design, Pre World War II Architecture, Early 20th Century Domestic Architecture, Strength Sports

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (@SIM_34 @ Dec 14 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pelaw @ Dec 16 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my experience the letter that they send is a follow-up letter to posting online.
I will still be checking their website until it posts.
If you have a link to where they indicate that they are NOT posting online, please share it here.

Regards.

If you log into the CTS site to "check you status", or whatever the heading is, there is the following note near the top of the page:

"Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval"

I'm sure that they will post the results on the web site pre-mailing, as in the past. I believe that they are just stating the results are not official until you receive your letter stating whether you have passed or failed. I would bet that if the site says you have passed, you have.

#9 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

Now, I'm going to be refreshing CTS site daily. Thanks!

#10 sie625

sie625

Intern

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (pelaw @ Dec 16 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, I'm going to be refreshing CTS site daily. Thanks!

Only daily....you have more restraint than I do. I check both websites every few hours. Probably 3-4 times a day so far this week.

#11 snickerd3

snickerd3

Taking suggestions

• Charter Member
  • 19,315 posts
  • Interests:spamming EB.com

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (pelaw @ Dec 16 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you will be able to see on both websites, but the CTS will most likely be first. The states will give you your actual license number.

#12 @SIM_34

@SIM_34

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

The waiting is over ---> THEY'RE UP.

#13 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

Fail. Bummer. I'll be back in 6 months again. The MERM studying starts again today.

Congrats to all who passed.

#14 sie625

sie625

Intern

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

Anyone get the letter in the mail or see results on the IDPFR website?

I'd like to have the piece of paper or an offical number from the State Board before I tell my employer the good news.

#15 snickerd3

snickerd3

Taking suggestions

• Charter Member
  • 19,315 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (sie625 @ Dec 21 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone get the letter in the mail or see results on the IDPFR website?

I'd like to have the piece of paper or an offical number from the State Board before I tell my employer the good news.

you are at the mercy of state employees during the short week of christmas. Mondays/fridays are flex days off. The state is usually a few days lagging on CTS, so maybe by wed is my guess

#16 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

Now that the results are out IL which is normally pretty quick should be soon, don't you think?

I'm guessing from this thread that we will be able to check them on CTS as soon as they're available.

#17 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

From NCEES on Wed, June 2, 2010 2:59:31 PM:

IL score results are sent to the testing service, Continental Testing Service. FE & PE results are going out this week.

Susan M. Thrift

Manager Exam Scoring & Fulfillment

NCEES

T: 864-624-5460

ncees.org

#18 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (asunw @ Jun 2 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IL score results are sent to the testing service, Continental Testing Service. FE & PE results are going out this week.

Great. The only problem is, from my experience CTS does not send out letters, and my login was wiped out in their system. I will be in the dark until someone checks my file manually. Fantastic!

#19 snickerd3

snickerd3

Taking suggestions

• Charter Member
  • 19,315 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (pelaw @ Jun 3 2010, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great. The only problem is, from my experience CTS does not send out letters, and my login was wiped out in their system. I will be in the dark until someone checks my file manually. Fantastic!

or you can wait a few more days and check the states website for your name

#20 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

Yea, its quite an ordeal isn't it. I don't know why IL has a middle man. CTS does send out letters but my fiancee tested last Oct. and he knew from the states website before he got the letter from CTS. He didn't even know you could check on there.

#21 ajpulse1

ajpulse1

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

anyone have a contact at cts that can give us a turn around time from when they get the results from ncees to when the results will be available online?

#22 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (asunw @ Jun 3 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, its quite an ordeal isn't it. I don't know why IL has a middle man. CTS does send out letters but my fiancee tested last Oct. and he knew from the states website before he got the letter from CTS. He didn't even know you could check on there.

I failed mechanical in October and did not get any formal letter. Good luck to all of us.
As far as the IDFPR, I guess you can search for license number, but how long does it take fthem to input new licenses?

#23 snickerd3

snickerd3

Taking suggestions

• Charter Member
  • 19,315 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (asunw @ Jun 3 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CTS has a contract with the state for ALL of its testing needs, whether engineering nursing, or even just testing for a state job.

#24 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

I don't have a contact there.

For IDPFR, the last license number right now is 062062463 but they keep adding comity licenses.

Maybe I was mistaken and my fiancee's letter came from IDPFR, I don't know. I just know he found out between Christmas and New Years from the IDPFR site so the turnaround must not be that bad.

Is everyone else ready to be licensed now? I still have a year of experience to complete.

#25 WoodSlinger

WoodSlinger

Project Manager

• 110 posts
  • Interests:Wood Design, Pre World War II Architecture, Early 20th Century Domestic Architecture, Strength Sports

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

The quickest way to find out if you have passed the exam is to visit the CTS web site. Once they have the information, they will input it into their system. The letter from CTS will not show up at your house for about another 2 weeks after it is available on their web site.

#26 ajpulse1

ajpulse1

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

just talked to a co-worker of mine who took the test last april and kept an eye on this site. apparently, ncees told people who inquired by email that they would be sending the results to cts on june x and the results were posted on the cts website the same day. so, i would assume that the results should be available on the cts site either today or tomorrow. time to wear out the refresh button.

#27 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

I'm really hoping we get results tomorrow! I'm just sick of waiting, I don't care pass or fail just tell me. I walked out of the exam thinking I failed so I don't even think it would ruin my weekend. I'd just have to get to work on finding a class to take that doesn't want $2000.

#28 ajpulse1

ajpulse1

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

still nothing. i really don't want to go through another weekend with this hanging over my head. come on continental testing...you can do it.

#29 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (ajpulse1 @ Jun 4 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
still nothing. i really don't want to go through another weekend with this hanging over my head. come on continental testing...you can do it.

Exactly!

#30 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

The boards have died I guess everyone's decided its not happening today. wink.gif

#31 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

Illinois is coming soon. Hang in there. This is from October http://engineerboard...o...10844&st=50

...adding IL

AZ, 12/15/09, Email
FL, 12/15/09, Email

IL, 12/17/09, Website

IN, 12/15/09, Email
LA, 12/15/09, Email
MI, 12/15/09, Email
MT, 12/16/09, Email
NH, 12/15/09, Email
OH, 12/16/09, Email
SC, 12/16/09, Email
UT, 12/16/09, Email
WA, 12/16/09, E-mail

#32 lynn2983

lynn2983

Intern

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

RESULTS ARE UP!!!! I passed! Atleast I think I did... In the "Overall Exam Results" line is just says one word "Pass"!

#33 MechEngWife

MechEngWife

Intern

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

I have been checking for my husband all day, and now his grade is PASS. However, the overall exam results still say incomplete for licensure.

#34 asunw

asunw

Project Manager

• 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

I failed. October here I come. Anyone know of any good review courses in Southern Illinois or St. Louis.

#35 lynn2983

lynn2983

Intern

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (MechEngWife @ Jun 4 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been checking for my husband all day, and now his grade is PASS. However, the overall exam results still say incomplete for licensure.

Both my "Grade" and "Overall Exam Results" line say "Pass". Maybe they haven't updated some parts for some people yet.

#36 Syama

Syama

Intern

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

I just checked the CTS web page and I am PASS.

#37 ajpulse1

ajpulse1

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

i told myself i wasn't going to check for results this weekend but i couldn't help myself...and they were up! PASS!

#38 cat222

cat222

Intern

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Discipline:Chemical

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

My exam results say PASS!

But, I still have a question:

Since Illinois changed the rules this year, so that you can now take the PE exam before having all 4 years of experience, I took the exam early. I'm currently about two months shy of 4 years.

However, I can't find any instructions on the IDFPR or Continental websites about what I should once I do meet all the requirements. I filled out the online application to register for the exam (writing in the experience section that I didn't have it all yet, which was an option in the online application), but the written application is rev dated August 09 (before the new rules). I suppose I could fill out a written application and N/A the part about registering and paying for the exam, or re-submit an online application...

Does anyone know who I should contact for clarification? Or point me to the website that says what to do?

#39 TjBoiler

TjBoiler

Intern

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:49 PM

I typed in all my information on the Continental Testing website, and I received "No record found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours." as the result....What the heck does that mean?

#40 IL-SE

IL-SE

Project Engineer

• 75 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (TjBoiler @ Jun 7 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I typed in all my information on the Continental Testing website, and I received "No record found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours." as the result....What the heck does that mean?

Make sure the "Profession" code in the last box is correct. 062 for PE, 081 for SE. If you enter the wrong one, you get that message.

#41 TjBoiler

TjBoiler

Intern

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (IL-SE @ Jun 7 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TjBoiler @ Jun 7 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure the "Profession" code in the last box is correct. 062 for PE, 081 for SE. If you enter the wrong one, you get that message.

I should be an 062....triple checked and I received the same message. I called continental testing, and they told me results are not out yet.......That is funny because everyone who took it with me has their results. I guess I should ask if you failed......it takes you to the another place and says "fail", correct?

#42 IL-SE

IL-SE

Project Engineer

• 75 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

It should say "pass" or "fail". Even before results are posted, you should be able to log-in and the site has all of the exam information but with the grade blank.

It is strange that you can't log in at all.

#43 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (TjBoiler @ Jun 7 2010, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been getting the same message for over two weeks. I've given up. In October they did not send me any letters. This time, they took my login, and I probably won't receive a letter either.

It feels good. They took the anxiety away. I just don't care anymore. looking forward to world cup,

#44 Beefcake882

Beefcake882

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Discipline:Transportation

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

IDFPR has updated the license database online.

#45 arklugow

arklugow

Intern

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

I just started studying for the October 2010 exam last week because I thought I had NO chance in the world of having passed it but...I PASSED!!!

#46 lynn2983

lynn2983

Intern

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Beefcake882 @ Jun 8 2010, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IDFPR has updated the license database online.

I do not find my name on the IDFPR website. Has anyone else passed and did not find their name yet? I took the Civil PE.

#47 SrLnclt

SrLnclt

Intern

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

Spring 2010 PE Exam Results Dates - Illinois

Continental Testing Results (Website): 6/4/2010
Posted on ILDPR Website: 6/7/2010
Paper Copy of License Received by Mail: 6/10/2010

#48 pelaw

pelaw

Project Manager

• 111 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:20 AM

How does the license look? I'm not in Illinois, so I'll have to wait til next week for snail mail to arrive.

Also, what's the plain for stamp/seal in Illinois?

#49 ddiep2

ddiep2

Intern

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

I got the letter that I passed, but my name is also not on IDFPR. I don't like how there is that licensure fee. I guess I'd rather pay that then pay the registration fee for another test. Also, do they list the score or is it just pass or fail?

Edited by ddiep2, 13 June 2010 - 04:31 PM.

#50 SrLnclt

SrLnclt

Intern

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (ddiep2 @ Jun 13 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the letter that I passed, but my name is also not on IDFPR. I don't like how there is that licensure fee. I guess I'd rather pay that then pay the registration fee for another test. Also, do they list the score or is it just pass or fail?

They just report pass/fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=