PE Electronics Study Strategy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchercrunch

Reaction score
Anyone else taking the electronics PE exam in April in California? I'm trying to get a feel and a better idea of what to expect on the exam and how to best prepare.

I started a couple months ago by taking the sample exam sold by NCEES. I failed miserably. Wasn't surprised since I graduated with a EE degree in 2011 and have been working in construction engineering ever since as a project engineer. The most complex math/engineering used was to figure out loads for panel schedules. So there's that.

Anyways, after taking the sample exam, I just finished going through the EERM by Camara cover to cover along with the practice problems sold by them. I have many gaps of knowledge still and I plan to go through each chapter slowly and solidify what I don't know.

Any suggestions on what else I should incorporate into my studying? Any past takers have input on what is most important to know? Any strategies on studying you can suggest?

Shit, I totally posted this on the wrong section. Should have looked through the Electrical section first. Sorry!!

Crunchercrunch,

I passed the electronics exam in April '13. The key to the exam is the NCEES practice test. Seriously. Spend as much time as you can with it. For each question think about what other questions could be asked of the same scenario. If there is any doubt in your mind about one of the questions, seek out the answer. Produce materials as needed to whip that test. Message me with any questions.

Back