Anyone take the 12 session ASCE Review Course Online???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini86

Reaction score
my company signed us up to let us take it for free, its like $2k....has anyone taken it, is it pretty solid/tells you what to know and such?

https://secure.asce.org/ASCEWebsite/Webinar/ListWebinarDetail.aspx?ProdId=121958923

also i talked to a lady from testing company in illinois and she said something about not being able to take notes in a binder,only stuff in a 3 ring binder can be from a complete thing (like a code)...can you bring in the entire note set from a review course which is pretty much again set up liek any review book with theory and an example or two??

they make this thing so outrageous and penalize use in illinois when everyone else can take ANYTHING in yet we are graded along with them equally??? seems like bs

https://secure.asce....rodId=121958923

also i talked to a lady from testing company in illinois and she said something about not being able to take notes in a binder,only stuff in a 3 ring binder can be from a complete thing (like a code)...can you bring in the entire note set from a review course which is pretty much again set up liek any review book with theory and an example or two??

they make this thing so outrageous and penalize use in illinois when everyone else can take ANYTHING in yet we are graded along with them equally??? seems like bs

Thanks for the link Illin. Wow, $2,000. Insane. Good for you since it's free. That's nice.

Dude, no offense but I don't want to hear any complaining about taking the PE exam in IL. Try taking it in CA and being required to take two additional 2.5 hour 50 problem exams. ;) Seriously though, you won't need "notes" to pass. You'll be fine with bound references/material and codes. Good luck.

but does refernce material include the review class ****?

nothing is ever clear with anything on this stupid f'n test...do they check the books and stuff what you bring in when you get to the test place?? what if you bring something that isn't allowed, that you dont know as the rules for what is and isnt allowed blows the big one, do they just take it and you continue on your way and claim it at the end of the test?

studying for this ATROCIOUS thing is unbearable...why do we have to know all the stupid water stuff and roads when you do NONE OF IT IN YOUR CAREER???? this is nothing more then the FE with a name change and instead of gettin f'd with electrical stuff it's water and roads.....

i beg for april to come already........... :censored:

lol i dont know i get in these freak outs now today i feel like too much stuff to do still and need more time...the ups and downs of this thing and other things going on at the moment with me.....i dont know.....i'm freaking out man LOL

Back