Are engineers as boring as some think?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TouchDown

Is it Friday yet?
Reaction score
OK.

I know all of us get a bad rap about being completely anti-social, pocket protector wearing, stand in the corner at the party type people. There's nothing wrong with being reserved and keeping your pens (I just reread this and I need to EDIT, yes I said PENS) from staining your best new button down shirt, either.

But, when my to-be wife met me and my roomates when we were in college, she was let's say pleasantly surprised that engineers can have fun and be kind of wild.

Some of her friends have thought the same thing in the past (about engineers being stuffy and not having fun). I will say though that I'm still probably a big geek... That's beside the point.

Then the other day, she was talking with a friend in Arkansas (I think), and this person ONLY knew 4 engineers. It was 2 couples where all 4 of them were engineers, and they were serious swingers in the biggest sense of the word. How did she find this out, well it seems girls like to talk about conquests with each other and she was getting information about their swinger parties.

When my wife told her that I was an engineer, she said - wow, you guys must be super wild, because all the engineers I know are super wild and have sex parties.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER HEARD THOSE WORDS SPOKEN (not in jest) ABOUT ENGINEERS EVER.

Without being too revealing, what is the absolute wildest thing you've ever done.

I'm pretty tame. I didn't drink alcohol until I was near 21, but the summer after I turned 21, I was close to binge drinking. At one party, I got so wasted, I was letting people ride my back down our carpeted stairs like a sled. I woke up in a neighbor's house in my underwear with rug burns all over my body and I had NO idea how I got there or where my clothes were. That was a fun summer, if only I could remember parts of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on a 4-wheeler one time in my life. I just happened to be drunk as all hell on my buddy's parent's farm in Middle-of-Nowhere, Indiana. We were bazooing though a cut-down cornfield with me driving and my buddy riding behind me and another buddy on one of the fenders(this was a huge 4-wheeler, BTW). We were going as fast as this thing would go...probably about 40 miles per hour...when the buddy that grew up on that farm yells "STOOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!!" right in my ear. I lock up the breaks, and we slide to a stop. We get off the ATV and shine our flashlight at the front of it. The front wheels were about a 1/2" from sliding down into a 3 foot deep irrigation ditch. If we had hit that thing going as fast as we were going, they'd be scraping bits of us off that land for years to come.

I was not a participant, but a couple of my engineering friends during college on their way home from the bars decided to streak the quad butt naked.

I was not a participant, but a couple of my engineering friends during college on their way home from the bars decided to streak the quad butt naked.
Guys or gals? That could change my perception of your friends. And if it was gals and you didn't go... CHICKEN!!!!

And, Was it anything like this?

003OSC_Will_Ferrell_011-773617.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Then the other day, she was talking with a friend in Arkansas (I think), and this person ONLY knew 4 engineers. It was 2 couples where all 4 of them were engineers, and they were serious swingers in the biggest sense of the word.
Call me a prude. I don't care how hot the girl you're banging is, there's still some dude in the next room porking your wife.

Call me a prude. I don't care how hot the girl you're banging is, there's still some dude in the next room porking your wife.

True. I don't think I could ever get past that. To each his own I guess. Apparently there is a large group of swingers in our community. They meet up at one of the neighborhood restaurants and decide whose spouse they are going to pork on that particular evening. I’ve not been in the restaurant when this takes place but I want to go check it out just to see if I know any of them.

^they frown on that type of thing....

and usually I was the only one there... so... depending on what you're into....

does stupid and wild count as the same thing?

Used to drive truck loads (in the back) of friends down a steep hill and jump the railroad tracks, god only knows how someone didnt get thrown out and die and me in jail

tried to break up a fight at a Hank Williams Junior Concert and end up getting my ass beat down by a bunch of rednecks

used to drive up to the krystal I worked at in High School on my off days order 75 krystals, 25 with no onions, 25 with extra picklets, 10 with no bun, etc and then drive off just when you get to the window.

let my high school football coach overhear me making fun of his baldness

jumped off the Kellog Creek Bridge at Lake Allatoona (please dont anyone tell my kids)

drove a friends jeep through the drive through sign at the Mcdonalds on SR92 in Woodstock (later made restitution to Mcdonalds and the City of Woodstock)

back in 1990 bought my girlfriend and her friends pot from some biker guys in Daytona in Spring Break, followed them to a biker bar, still re-live how dumb that one was to this day, later we found out we paid $100 bucks for handrolled cigarettes

Drove into the USSR (& back real quick) while in Soviet Georgia with the Army National Guard just because my platoon sergeant dared me to do it

no cool sex stories though, I hung out with the wrong chics in high school and college it seems.....

Lets just say it involved a $250 bar tab, followed by a $450 bar tab, my partner in crime, a bet, a campus security guard, and a girl masturbating in the passenger seat of her friends car in a bar parking lot.

There were a few others, like the backflip that interrupted fellatio, the naked KA-BAR knife incident, the Halloween Reverend, the Ping Pong Table Incident, the Horse Teeth incident, the Pickles incident...

Lets just say my last few semesters of college were relatively eventful.

boring one here... I had a 40-60 min (depending on traffic) commute to school.... so after class, I pretty much drove home... usually to work... Yup, I'm about as boring as it gets lol

^ That's what I did pretty much. 45-50 minutes each way, all things being equal. Although I had a lot of jobs on campus so I go there, then to work, then home. I could work a couple hours if I had a long break between classes.

Yo, some pickle ****** gave us free eats!
Thanks Pickle ******!

Seriously though, an entire jar of pickles and a fifth of rum don't mix well with a girl's stomach apparently. I still ended up sleeping with her for a few months. To this day, the nicest set of breasteses I've ever seen in person.

Back