civils - check this out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA_PE

engine near
Reaction score
lucrative jobs from the stimulus package

Civil Engineer

For each of these big federally backed construction projects, Shatkin points out, civil engineers must make sure structures are properly designed to withstand the elements. Engineers also make sure construction projects are executed correctly. You'll need at least a college degree, usually in engineering. But the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes a degree in science or mathematics might work to get you started here, too.

Median annual salary: $66,638

This made the list. Of course the BLS notes that a science degree might be all you need to qualify to be a civil engineer.

But the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes a degree in science or mathematics might work to get you started here, too.
So you have to go to school now to get be a civil engineer? Last I heard, Cracker Jack boxes were still the preferred road to take...

:joke:

So you have to go to school now to get be a civil engineer? Last I heard, Cracker Jack boxes were still the preferred road to take...
:joke:
it doesn't say you need to go to school only that you might need a degree. I think some Cracker Jacks had degrees. There's always Wal-Mart I think they rolled back prices on degrees.

Back