Reference Provider

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mockingbird

Reaction score
OK, I started to look for PEs who can review my experience and sign the reference for me.

Unfortunately I am in software engineering and there is only one PE form my company.

Can I reach out here and ask for help?

Does the one P.E. at your office know any other P.E.'s who may have looked at your work and could serve as references for you? Do you know any others personally? I'm not sure what the application is like for TX, which is where I surmise you work... But perhaps you could check with the Board there about your specific circumstances. I feel like there must be options available to those looking to become licensed P.E.'s but either work at a small firm or work at a firm that lacks the number of P.E.'s needed for reference.

As for reaching out here, I don't think anyone on this board could serve as a reference for you. It needs to be someone who is familiar with your work in some capacity.

Good luck!

My application is after exam...
That does become tricky.  The intention of the forum is really 'After you become a PE', not so much after the exam.  And 'Anything about the PE' is best for application questions.  But, you're right, application questions can now come after the exam is taken.  :-S   

Back